- Smooth surface of the tongue.
- Sore and tender tongue.
- Tongue color changes.Pale, if caused by pernicious anemia. Fiery red, if caused by a lack of other B vitamins.
- Tongue swelling.
- How long you have had it?
- How bad the pain or burning is?
- Whether you take any medicines?
- Broken crowns, appliances or dentures.
- Yeast infections (thrush).
- Antibiotics, antifungal medications, or other antimicrobials may be prescribed if the glossalgia is due to an infection.
- Dietary changes and supplements are used to treat anemia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Avoid irritants (such as hot or spicy foods, alcohol, and tobacco) to reduce any tongue discomfort.
- Construction of a soft plastic tray to correct or cover irregular areas of the teeth.
- Pain relievers applied to the area.
- Microsurgery to repair the lingual nerve, if nerve damage is a cause.
- Low doses of benzodiazepine, antidepressant or anticonvulsant drugs.
- Changes in current medicines, which may be causing the pain.
- Supplements or diet changes for nutritional deficiencies.
- Antifungal medicines.
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
A team of scientists from the Swinburne University of Technology in Australia finds that cinnamon may help in treating resistant bacterial infections breaking up their biofilms — sticky layers that are usually responsible for persistent infections that cannot be...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more