- Smooth surface of the tongue.
- Sore and tender tongue.
- Tongue color changes.Pale, if caused by pernicious anemia. Fiery red, if caused by a lack of other B vitamins.
- Tongue swelling.
- How long you have had it?
- How bad the pain or burning is?
- Whether you take any medicines?
- Broken crowns, appliances or dentures.
- Yeast infections (thrush).
- Antibiotics, antifungal medications, or other antimicrobials may be prescribed if the glossalgia is due to an infection.
- Dietary changes and supplements are used to treat anemia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Avoid irritants (such as hot or spicy foods, alcohol, and tobacco) to reduce any tongue discomfort.
- Construction of a soft plastic tray to correct or cover irregular areas of the teeth.
- Pain relievers applied to the area.
- Microsurgery to repair the lingual nerve, if nerve damage is a cause.
- Low doses of benzodiazepine, antidepressant or anticonvulsant drugs.
- Changes in current medicines, which may be causing the pain.
- Supplements or diet changes for nutritional deficiencies.
- Antifungal medicines.
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more