- Smooth surface of the tongue.
- Sore and tender tongue.
- Tongue color changes.Pale, if caused by pernicious anemia. Fiery red, if caused by a lack of other B vitamins.
- Tongue swelling.
- How long you have had it?
- How bad the pain or burning is?
- Whether you take any medicines?
- Broken crowns, appliances or dentures.
- Yeast infections (thrush).
- Antibiotics, antifungal medications, or other antimicrobials may be prescribed if the glossalgia is due to an infection.
- Dietary changes and supplements are used to treat anemia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Avoid irritants (such as hot or spicy foods, alcohol, and tobacco) to reduce any tongue discomfort.
- Construction of a soft plastic tray to correct or cover irregular areas of the teeth.
- Pain relievers applied to the area.
- Microsurgery to repair the lingual nerve, if nerve damage is a cause.
- Low doses of benzodiazepine, antidepressant or anticonvulsant drugs.
- Changes in current medicines, which may be causing the pain.
- Supplements or diet changes for nutritional deficiencies.
- Antifungal medicines.
According to a recent study, completed by the scientists from the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, USA, regular bedtime is important for heart health and metabolism. A team of scientists examined the sleeping patterns of approximately 2,000 adults aged...
A new study, conducted by the scientists from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, finds that light and moderate physical activity, for example walking and swimming, may help reduce the stroke severity. The study included approximately data from 1,000 individuals...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more