- Smooth surface of the tongue.
- Sore and tender tongue.
- Tongue color changes.Pale, if caused by pernicious anemia. Fiery red, if caused by a lack of other B vitamins.
- Tongue swelling.
- How long you have had it?
- How bad the pain or burning is?
- Whether you take any medicines?
- Broken crowns, appliances or dentures.
- Yeast infections (thrush).
- Antibiotics, antifungal medications, or other antimicrobials may be prescribed if the glossalgia is due to an infection.
- Dietary changes and supplements are used to treat anemia and nutritional deficiencies.
- Avoid irritants (such as hot or spicy foods, alcohol, and tobacco) to reduce any tongue discomfort.
- Construction of a soft plastic tray to correct or cover irregular areas of the teeth.
- Pain relievers applied to the area.
- Microsurgery to repair the lingual nerve, if nerve damage is a cause.
- Low doses of benzodiazepine, antidepressant or anticonvulsant drugs.
- Changes in current medicines, which may be causing the pain.
- Supplements or diet changes for nutritional deficiencies.
- Antifungal medicines.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more