Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Insufficient release of stimulatory hormone from the hypothalamus.
- Defects in the receptors that receive the hormone in the cells of body.
- Decrease in IGF-1 hormones.
- A lack of oxygen at birth.
- Sometimes it may happen because of a genetic defect, which in some instances may also be hereditary.
- Abnormalities in the hormone receptors.
- Diseases in the pituitary gland, the brain or the liver.
- An autoimmune attack.
- Dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scans can also determine bone age.
- Hand x-ray (usually the left hand) can determine bone age. Normally, the size and shapeof bones change as a person grows. These changes can be seen on an x-ray and usuallyfollow a pattern as a child grows older.
- Measuring growth hormone and binding protein levels (IGF-I and IGFBP-3) will showwhether the growth problem is caused by a problem with the pituitary gland.
- MRI of the head can show the hypothalamus and pituitary glands.
- Tests to measure other hormone levels (lack of growth hormone may not be the onlyproblem) may be done.
- X-ray of the head may show problems with the skull.
Numerous studies conducted earlier showed that regular exercises have a positive effect on physical and mental health. The new work of American scientists confirms this. They believe that running five kilometers once a day is useful for the hippocampus (the brain...
According to a new research from Brunel University London in the United Kingdom, listening to music during performing exercise may help us enjoy working out more. To get the results of the study, a team of scientists used electroencephalography technology (EEG) to...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more