- Cluster headaches are sharp, extremely painful headaches that tend to occur several times per day for months and then go away for a similar period. They are far less common.
- Sinus headaches cause pain in the front of your head and face. They are due to inflammation in the sinus passages that lie behind the cheeks, nose, and eyes. The pain tends to be worse when you bend forward and when you first wake up in the morning. Postnasal drip, sore throat, and nasal discharge usually occur with these headaches.
- Stress and tension.
- Straining the eye.
- Sinus infection.
- Ice cream.
- Withdrawal from caffeine/drugs.
- Head injury.
- Brain related disorders aneurysms, tumours, meningitis, and encephalitis.
- Note the time of day when it occurred.
- Intensity and duration.
- Any sensitivity to light, odors, or sound.
- Use of prescription and nonprescription medicines.
- Amount of sleep the previous night.
- Any stressful or emotional conditions.
- Any influence from weather or daily activity.
- Foods and fluids consumed in the past 24 hours.
- Any known health conditions at that time.
- Eat a ripe apple with little salt in morning on an empty stomach continuously for a week. It is a common remedy for chronic pain.
- Boiling fresh ginger or dried ginger powder in water. Inhale it to relieve from sinus pain.
- Lemon is a very beneficial natural remedy for headache caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be pounded into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead.
- Keep your legs in a bucket filled with hot water (with temperature 40?C to 45?C) for 15 minutes every night before sleeping. Continue it for two to three weeks. It is also effective home remedy for chronic pain.
- Put 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water, cover your head with a towel, and inhale the steam. It is also common cure for sinus headache.
- Prepare a paste by adding little water to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and apply it locally. It is proven remedy for sinus headache.
- Rub the flowers of henna in vinegar and apply it over the forehead. It is also very effective home remedy for headache due to heat.
- Prepare a juice by adding 200 ml of spinach juice with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare 500 ml or half a litre. Drink it regularly. It is a proven natural cure for migraine pain. Alternatively add 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices with 300 ml of carrot juice.
- Rest in a quiet and darkened room.
- Place a cool cloth on your head.
- Noukasana (Boat Pose).
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose).
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Spinal Twist Pose).
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose).
- Shirshasana (Head Stand).
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand).
- Shitali pranayama (without kumbhaka).
- Shirshasana maybe practiced for one minute and Sarvangasana for five minutes daily.
- Treatment with pranayama can be started only after an attack is over.
- Pranayama should be preceded by three rounds of Kapalabhati. Six rounds of Shitali pranayama (without kombhaka) may be practiced in the end.
- Irregularities of diet and excessive exertion must be avoided.
- The diet should have low content of fats and oils.
- Avoid hot, spicy foods, fermented foods, and sour or citrus fruits.
- Exposure to heat or cold should be avoided.
Recent research, performed by Sara Seidelman, a cardiologist and nutrition researcher from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, USA, finds that diets which ban entire food groups from the eating plan, for example, ketogenic diet, may actually harm your health. The...
According to a recent study, completed by the scientists from the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, USA, regular bedtime is important for heart health and metabolism. A team of scientists examined the sleeping patterns of approximately 2,000 adults aged...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more