- Cluster headaches are sharp, extremely painful headaches that tend to occur several times per day for months and then go away for a similar period. They are far less common.
- Sinus headaches cause pain in the front of your head and face. They are due to inflammation in the sinus passages that lie behind the cheeks, nose, and eyes. The pain tends to be worse when you bend forward and when you first wake up in the morning. Postnasal drip, sore throat, and nasal discharge usually occur with these headaches.
- Stress and tension.
- Straining the eye.
- Sinus infection.
- Ice cream.
- Withdrawal from caffeine/drugs.
- Head injury.
- Brain related disorders aneurysms, tumours, meningitis, and encephalitis.
- Note the time of day when it occurred.
- Intensity and duration.
- Any sensitivity to light, odors, or sound.
- Use of prescription and nonprescription medicines.
- Amount of sleep the previous night.
- Any stressful or emotional conditions.
- Any influence from weather or daily activity.
- Foods and fluids consumed in the past 24 hours.
- Any known health conditions at that time.
- Eat a ripe apple with little salt in morning on an empty stomach continuously for a week. It is a common remedy for chronic pain.
- Boiling fresh ginger or dried ginger powder in water. Inhale it to relieve from sinus pain.
- Lemon is a very beneficial natural remedy for headache caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be pounded into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead.
- Keep your legs in a bucket filled with hot water (with temperature 40?C to 45?C) for 15 minutes every night before sleeping. Continue it for two to three weeks. It is also effective home remedy for chronic pain.
- Put 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water, cover your head with a towel, and inhale the steam. It is also common cure for sinus headache.
- Prepare a paste by adding little water to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and apply it locally. It is proven remedy for sinus headache.
- Rub the flowers of henna in vinegar and apply it over the forehead. It is also very effective home remedy for headache due to heat.
- Prepare a juice by adding 200 ml of spinach juice with 300 ml of carrot juice to prepare 500 ml or half a litre. Drink it regularly. It is a proven natural cure for migraine pain. Alternatively add 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices with 300 ml of carrot juice.
- Rest in a quiet and darkened room.
- Place a cool cloth on your head.
- Noukasana (Boat Pose).
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose).
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Spinal Twist Pose).
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose).
- Shirshasana (Head Stand).
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand).
- Shitali pranayama (without kumbhaka).
- Shirshasana maybe practiced for one minute and Sarvangasana for five minutes daily.
- Treatment with pranayama can be started only after an attack is over.
- Pranayama should be preceded by three rounds of Kapalabhati. Six rounds of Shitali pranayama (without kombhaka) may be practiced in the end.
- Irregularities of diet and excessive exertion must be avoided.
- The diet should have low content of fats and oils.
- Avoid hot, spicy foods, fermented foods, and sour or citrus fruits.
- Exposure to heat or cold should be avoided.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more