- Immune reactions.
- Toxins and poisons.
- Treatments such as hemodialysis.
- Jaundice - usually mild.
- Chest pain.
- Leg cramps with exercise.
- Abdominal fullness and discomfort.
- Bilirubin level usually only mildly elevated (3 to 6 mg/dL) may be within normal range if mild.
- LDH elevated with hemolysis.
- CBC - evaluate for schistocytes and reticulocytes count; CBC usually increased; indicates increased erythropoiesis.
- Direct antiglobulin test (DAT, direct Coombs' test to detect the presence of IgG and complement (C3) on the RBCs; differentiates immune form non-immune hemolysis.
- LFTs and alkaline phosphatase usually within normal limits.
- Haptoglobin levels are decreased as protein binds hemoglobin.
- Urinalysis - elevated urobilinogen, even without hyperbilirubinemia.
A new study from the University of Iowa in Iowa City, US, finds that light and frequent physical exercise can boost mental health in short- and long-term perspective. During the study, a bunch of volunteers agreed to undergo functional MRI scanning which measured...
Recent research from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louise, US, suggests that pregnant women who eat a diet high in fat and sugar during pregnancy increase their child’s risk of having heart issues in the future. For their study, the researchers...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more