- Immune reactions.
- Toxins and poisons.
- Treatments such as hemodialysis.
- Jaundice - usually mild.
- Chest pain.
- Leg cramps with exercise.
- Abdominal fullness and discomfort.
- Bilirubin level usually only mildly elevated (3 to 6 mg/dL) may be within normal range if mild.
- LDH elevated with hemolysis.
- CBC - evaluate for schistocytes and reticulocytes count; CBC usually increased; indicates increased erythropoiesis.
- Direct antiglobulin test (DAT, direct Coombs' test to detect the presence of IgG and complement (C3) on the RBCs; differentiates immune form non-immune hemolysis.
- LFTs and alkaline phosphatase usually within normal limits.
- Haptoglobin levels are decreased as protein binds hemoglobin.
- Urinalysis - elevated urobilinogen, even without hyperbilirubinemia.
A new study from Brazil suggests that trendy intermittent fasting may be the reason for increasing insulin levels and the amount of abdominal fat. It also may lead to the damage of pancreatic cells. Intermittent fasting diet is a diet when a dieting person has “fast”...
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more