- Less-common causes include echovirus, parechovirus 1, adenovirus, and herpes simplex virus (HSV).
- Enterovirus 71 has emerged as an important public problem, causing severe clinical illness and, potentially, death in young children. Enteroviruses that cause herpangina belong to the Picornaviridae family.
- Sudden sore throat, with redness, inflammation andpainful swallowing.
- General ill feeling.
- Vomiting and abdominal pain (sometimes).
- Tiny blisters (vesicles) in the affected areas. The blisters become small ulcers.
- Antipyretics (eg, acetaminophen, ibuprofen).
- Topical analgesics (eg, topical lidocaine).
- Special mouthwash with analgesic medication may be prescribed by a physician for those with pain. Children should be encouraged to drink fluids to avoid dehydration.
According to the findings of a recent research, published in the JNeurosci, regular talking to young children associated with the stronger connections between two developing brain regions critical for language. The research was held independently of parental income...
A recent study, conducted by the researchers from Kagoshima University in Japan, suggests that compounds found in Sakurajima radish, or Sakurajima daikon, can be effective in the fight against cardiovascular disease. For the research, the team used vascular...
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more