- Other anemias: Feto-maternal hemorrhage, twin-twin transfusion (donor).
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Trisomy 21, 18, Turner syndrome.
- Infections: Viral (Parvovirus B19, Herpes, CMV), toxoplasmosis, syphilis, Chagas disease.
- Genetic metabolic disease: Gaucher disease, mucopolysaccharidosis, Nieman-Pick disease, neonatal hemochromatosis.
- Cardiac: Fetal arrhythmias, premature closure of foramen ovale, hypoplastic left heart, hypoplastic right heart, Ebstein's anomaly of tricuspid valve, cardiomyopathy, cardiac tumors, premature closure of ductus arteriosus, other structural anomalies.
- Vascular malformations: Chorioangioma (placenta, umbilical vessels), liver hemangioma, cerebral A-V malformation, sacrococcygeal teratoma, Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome.
- Vascular accidents: Intracranial hemorrhage, thrombosis of renal veins, IVC, twin-twin transfusion (recipient).
- Lymphatic malformations: Pulmonary lymphangiectasia, cystic hygroma, multiple pterygium Syndrome, Noonan syndrome.
- Chest masses: Cystic adenomatoid malformation, diaphragmatic hernia, pulmonary sequestration, intrathoracic mass.
- Skeletal conditions: Asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy, osteogenesis imperfecta, chondrodysplasia.
- Fetal Hypomobility: Arthrogryposis, Neu-Laxova syndrome, Pena-Shokier syndrome. myotonic dystrophy.
- CNS anomalies: Absent corpus callosum, encephalocele, holoprosencephaly.
- Other: Bowel obstruction with perforation (meconium peritonitis, volvulus), infant of diabetic mother, Prune belly syndrome, congenital Nephrosis, maternal indomethacin therapy.
- More severe forms may cause: Breathing problems, bruising or purplish bruise-like spots on the skin, heart failure, severe anemia, severe jaundice, total body swelling.
- Early cesarean delivery if condition gets worse.
- Intrauterine fetal blood transfusion.
- Treatment of asphyxia, which is common in these infants.
- Diagnosis of cause of hydrops, both for management of the patient and counseling of the parents regarding risk of recurrence in future pregnancies. This may require extensive diagnostic interventions, including careful post-mortem examination, skin sample for karyotyping and full body radiographs in those who do not survive.
- Treatment of underlying cause.
A new research from the University of Edinburgh, UK, suggests that cheap cilostazol tablets may reduce damage to arteries, which lead to blood clots, resulting in strokes and cognitive decline. The researchers plan to assess the medications’ ability to cut the risk of...
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more