- Other anemias: Feto-maternal hemorrhage, twin-twin transfusion (donor).
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Trisomy 21, 18, Turner syndrome.
- Infections: Viral (Parvovirus B19, Herpes, CMV), toxoplasmosis, syphilis, Chagas disease.
- Genetic metabolic disease: Gaucher disease, mucopolysaccharidosis, Nieman-Pick disease, neonatal hemochromatosis.
- Cardiac: Fetal arrhythmias, premature closure of foramen ovale, hypoplastic left heart, hypoplastic right heart, Ebstein's anomaly of tricuspid valve, cardiomyopathy, cardiac tumors, premature closure of ductus arteriosus, other structural anomalies.
- Vascular malformations: Chorioangioma (placenta, umbilical vessels), liver hemangioma, cerebral A-V malformation, sacrococcygeal teratoma, Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome.
- Vascular accidents: Intracranial hemorrhage, thrombosis of renal veins, IVC, twin-twin transfusion (recipient).
- Lymphatic malformations: Pulmonary lymphangiectasia, cystic hygroma, multiple pterygium Syndrome, Noonan syndrome.
- Chest masses: Cystic adenomatoid malformation, diaphragmatic hernia, pulmonary sequestration, intrathoracic mass.
- Skeletal conditions: Asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy, osteogenesis imperfecta, chondrodysplasia.
- Fetal Hypomobility: Arthrogryposis, Neu-Laxova syndrome, Pena-Shokier syndrome. myotonic dystrophy.
- CNS anomalies: Absent corpus callosum, encephalocele, holoprosencephaly.
- Other: Bowel obstruction with perforation (meconium peritonitis, volvulus), infant of diabetic mother, Prune belly syndrome, congenital Nephrosis, maternal indomethacin therapy.
- More severe forms may cause: Breathing problems, bruising or purplish bruise-like spots on the skin, heart failure, severe anemia, severe jaundice, total body swelling.
- Early cesarean delivery if condition gets worse.
- Intrauterine fetal blood transfusion.
- Treatment of asphyxia, which is common in these infants.
- Diagnosis of cause of hydrops, both for management of the patient and counseling of the parents regarding risk of recurrence in future pregnancies. This may require extensive diagnostic interventions, including careful post-mortem examination, skin sample for karyotyping and full body radiographs in those who do not survive.
- Treatment of underlying cause.
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more