- Novel impulse generators develop at various sites, and these are not stimulus-dependent.
- In peripheral nerve, it has been shown that ectopic impulse generation (EIG) develops as a result of the expression of abnormal sodium channels. This can be modified by neurotrophic growth factors (a potential target for new treatments).
- Abnormal chemical sensitivities develop in damaged primary sensory neurons, notably to catecholamines. Whilst this can be readily demonstrated in experimental preparations, the clinical relevance remains uncertain.
- Degenerative and then regenerative changes in the spinal cord may lead to aberrant connectivity, and possibly a permanently reorganised, irreversible state.
- Damage at one level in the nervous system may lead to secondary pathophysiological changes at more rostral levels. This has important implications when targeting treatments for hyperpathia.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more