- Feeling of weakness: Most patients with hypochromic anemia suffer from weakness. They have little or no energy and feel tired for no reason. They feel they can't get enough rest or sleep. These patients also look tired. Their skin will look extremely pale, and their nails will become brittle and very white. Some will get jaundice, a yellowing of the skin.
- Rapid Heart Beat: A rapid heart beat and shortness of breath are frequently seen in people with hypochromic anemia. A heart rate that is more than 100 beats per minute is considered fast. Severe anemia will often cause heart palpitations.
- Signs of Depression: Some hypochromic anemia patients become clinically depressed. They may have headaches and find concentration and memory to be problems.
- Pica: An unusual symptom sometimes seen is pica. This is eating non-food items, such as paper, wax, dirt or hair. The person may crunch on ice constantly. Doctors say there seems to be a connection between pica and iron deficiency. Consuming non-food items affects the body's ability to absorb iron.
- Other Symptoms: Some of the other symptoms of hypochromic anemia include constipation, dizziness, sore mouth, cold hands and feet and, for females, cessation of periods. Because there are numerous symptoms and many are ordinary complaints, a considerable number of people with hypochromic anemia don't see a doctor until they are quite ill.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more