- Feeling of weakness: Most patients with hypochromic anemia suffer from weakness. They have little or no energy and feel tired for no reason. They feel they can't get enough rest or sleep. These patients also look tired. Their skin will look extremely pale, and their nails will become brittle and very white. Some will get jaundice, a yellowing of the skin.
- Rapid Heart Beat: A rapid heart beat and shortness of breath are frequently seen in people with hypochromic anemia. A heart rate that is more than 100 beats per minute is considered fast. Severe anemia will often cause heart palpitations.
- Signs of Depression: Some hypochromic anemia patients become clinically depressed. They may have headaches and find concentration and memory to be problems.
- Pica: An unusual symptom sometimes seen is pica. This is eating non-food items, such as paper, wax, dirt or hair. The person may crunch on ice constantly. Doctors say there seems to be a connection between pica and iron deficiency. Consuming non-food items affects the body's ability to absorb iron.
- Other Symptoms: Some of the other symptoms of hypochromic anemia include constipation, dizziness, sore mouth, cold hands and feet and, for females, cessation of periods. Because there are numerous symptoms and many are ordinary complaints, a considerable number of people with hypochromic anemia don't see a doctor until they are quite ill.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more