- Moderate hypothermia.
- Profound hypothermia.
- Regional hypothermia.
- Total body hypothermia.
- Wind - will drag out the heat.
- Cold - remember temperature drops with increased altitude.
- Fatigue - lack of fitness, too hard a trip, or too heavy a load.
- Injury and/or anxiety.
- Recent Illness - especially `flu'.
- Falling overboard from a boat into cold water.
- Wearing wet clothing in windy or cold weather.
- Heavy exertion, not drinking enough fluids, or not eating enough in cold weather.
- Pupils dilated.
- Weakness and loss of coordination.
- Pale and cold skin.
- Uncontrollable shivering.
- Slowed breathing or heart rate.
- Remove or replace wet clothing if dry clothes or blankets are available.
- Have the victim rest in a warm, dry place. Do not put the victim in a hot tub or similar environment - suddenly warming up a victim can produce a heart attack.
- Insulate the victim from further heat loss by wrapping them in a blanket.
- Do not offer the victim food or drink.
- Treat the victim for shock and transport to the nearest medical facilities as quickly as possible.
- Hat and mittens (gloves) are equally important because of the high heat loss from head, neck and extremities.
A new study from Oregon State University suggests that daily exposure to blue light, emitted from phones, computers, and other gadgets, may affect longevity damaging cells in the brain, as well as retinas. For the research, the scientists exposed flies to blue LED...
According to a new long-term study, which followed more than 900 people from New Zealand for around 40 years, people in their 40s who walk slowly are more likely to show symptoms of accelerated biological aging and compromised brain integrity. Within the scope of the...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...