- Moderate hypothermia.
- Profound hypothermia.
- Regional hypothermia.
- Total body hypothermia.
- Wind - will drag out the heat.
- Cold - remember temperature drops with increased altitude.
- Fatigue - lack of fitness, too hard a trip, or too heavy a load.
- Injury and/or anxiety.
- Recent Illness - especially `flu'.
- Falling overboard from a boat into cold water.
- Wearing wet clothing in windy or cold weather.
- Heavy exertion, not drinking enough fluids, or not eating enough in cold weather.
- Pupils dilated.
- Weakness and loss of coordination.
- Pale and cold skin.
- Uncontrollable shivering.
- Slowed breathing or heart rate.
- Remove or replace wet clothing if dry clothes or blankets are available.
- Have the victim rest in a warm, dry place. Do not put the victim in a hot tub or similar environment - suddenly warming up a victim can produce a heart attack.
- Insulate the victim from further heat loss by wrapping them in a blanket.
- Do not offer the victim food or drink.
- Treat the victim for shock and transport to the nearest medical facilities as quickly as possible.
- Hat and mittens (gloves) are equally important because of the high heat loss from head, neck and extremities.
New research, conducted by the scientists from King’s College London, UK, and China Medical University in Taichung, Taiwan, suggests that taking omega-3 supplements may help improve attention in some children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The...
A new study from the University at Buffalo, US, finds that insufficient sleep, less than 5 hours per night, can be harmful to bone health of postmenopausal women. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed health data from 11,084 postmenopausal women who...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...