Iliac crest syndrome
- Psoriatic arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Septic arthritis.
- Hip fracture.
- Hip labral tear.
- Inguinal hernia.
- Sprains and strains.
- Pelvis fracture.
- Meralgia paresthetica.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease.
- Paget's disease of bone.
Iliac crest syndrome Symptoms:Symptoms may include pain the following areas:Lower abdomen.
- Down the leg.
- Lower back.
- Sacroiliac Joint.
- Across the top of the hip bone (iliac crest), sometimes wrapping around to the lower back or buttocks.
- Palpation and modified Thomas' test for the iliopsoas.
- Examination of the inguinal canal and conjoint tendon for incipient hernia.
- Impingement and apprehension test for the hip joints.
- Gait pattern should be observed, in particular:
- Trendelenburg's gait, which results from insufficient strength in the gluteus mediusView image.
- Coxalgic gait, which results from the patient quickly unloading the painful leg while bearing weight.
- Return your joints to their best mobility.
- Make your iliac crest stable.
- Find and get rid of stresses on your iliac crest.
- Teach you how to prevent new injury to your back.
- Cardiovascular exercises - Mild aerobic exercise gives you better overall blood flow to your spine and body. This helps to improve your general health and supports the healing process in your back.
- Stretches - The doctor may prescribe stretches for you to do at home and in the doctor's office. We choose these stretches to give you better overall flexibility in your lower body and spine.
- Home exercises - You will be prescribed a set of exercises chosen especially to help you get better. Doing these exercises regularly is the most important thing you can do to get better and heal your back.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more