Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Smoking and age at onset are major risk factors for cancer in Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome . All patients with associated SCLC have a history of long-term smoking. Only half of patients with auto-immune Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome are long-term smokers.
- Difficulty climbing stairs.
- Difficulty lifting objects.
- Difficulty talking.
- Drooping head.
- Need to use hands to arise from sitting or lying positions.
- Blurry vision.
- Double vision.
- Blood pressure changes.
- Acute or chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculopathy.
- Inclusion body Myositis.
- Spinal muscular atrophy.
- A blood testfor the antibodies may also have been used to check for Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome .
- Nerve conduction velocity.
- Tensilon test.
- As LEMS can be caused by a cancer, the doctor will check forlung cancer, especially in people who have smoked.
- 3, 4-diaminopyridine, which increase the release of acetylcholine from nerve cells.
A new study, conducted by the scientists from the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, finds that light and moderate physical activity, for example walking and swimming, may help reduce the stroke severity. The study included approximately data from 1,000 individuals...
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more