- Signs of renal insufficiency, including hypertension.
- Signs of atherosclerosis in some cases.
- Xanthelasma (may be seen in end-stage disease).
- Hepatomegaly, splenomegaly, and lymphadenopathy - Generally, these are not present, despite the accumulation of lipid-laden foam cells.
- Urinalysis - Proteinuria is commonly detected during the second or third decade of life; less common findings include hyaline and granular casts and red blood cells.
- Progressive renal insufficiency - This occurs in some patients; laboratory evidence for progressive renal insufficiency includes increased plasma blood urea nitrogen (BUN), increased plasma creatinine, and decreased creatinine clearance.
- Low concentrations of HDL cholesterol (generally < 10mg/dL).
- High concentrations of plasma unesterified cholesterol.
- Low concentrations of plasma cholesterol ester.
- Elevated very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) and triglyceride levels.
- Negligible plasma LCAT activity - Plasma fails to esterify radioactive cholesterol in exogenous apo A-I-containing liposomes.
- Negligible plasma cholesterol esterification rate - Plasma fails to esterify radioactive cholesterol in endogenous lipoproteins.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more