Lewy body dementia
- Gradual loss of mental abilities, including orientation and memory, reasoning and intelligence.
- Difficulty problem solving.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Repeated falls.
- Transient loss of consciousness.
- Neuroleptic sensitivity.
- Systematised delusions.
- Hallucinations in other modalities.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Multisystem atrophy or multiple system atrophy.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- Late-onset delusional disorder.
- Depressive psychosis.
- Recurrent visual hallucinations.
- Fluctuating cognition.
- Spontaneous motor features of parkinsonism.
- Medications called cholinesterase inhibitors are considered the standard treatment for cognitive symptoms in LBD. The effect of these drugs varies from person to person.
- Movement symptoms may be treated with a Parkinson's medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person.
- For hallucinations, your physician may recommend a cautious trial of antipsychotic medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person. Hallucinations must be treated very conservatively, using the lowest doses possible under careful observation for side effects.
- Physical Therapy: options include cardiovascular, strengthening, and flexibility exercises, as well as gait training. Aerobic or water exercise may be helpful.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapy may also improve muscular strength and swallowing difficulties.
- Occupational Therapy: May help maintain skills and promote function and independence. In addition to these forms of therapy and treatment, music and aroma therapy can also reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Individual and family psychotherapy can be useful for learning strategies to manage emotional and behavioral symptoms and to help make plans that address individual and family concerns about the future.
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more