Lewy body dementia
- Gradual loss of mental abilities, including orientation and memory, reasoning and intelligence.
- Difficulty problem solving.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Repeated falls.
- Transient loss of consciousness.
- Neuroleptic sensitivity.
- Systematised delusions.
- Hallucinations in other modalities.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Multisystem atrophy or multiple system atrophy.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- Late-onset delusional disorder.
- Depressive psychosis.
- Recurrent visual hallucinations.
- Fluctuating cognition.
- Spontaneous motor features of parkinsonism.
- Medications called cholinesterase inhibitors are considered the standard treatment for cognitive symptoms in LBD. The effect of these drugs varies from person to person.
- Movement symptoms may be treated with a Parkinson's medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person.
- For hallucinations, your physician may recommend a cautious trial of antipsychotic medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person. Hallucinations must be treated very conservatively, using the lowest doses possible under careful observation for side effects.
- Physical Therapy: options include cardiovascular, strengthening, and flexibility exercises, as well as gait training. Aerobic or water exercise may be helpful.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapy may also improve muscular strength and swallowing difficulties.
- Occupational Therapy: May help maintain skills and promote function and independence. In addition to these forms of therapy and treatment, music and aroma therapy can also reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Individual and family psychotherapy can be useful for learning strategies to manage emotional and behavioral symptoms and to help make plans that address individual and family concerns about the future.
Recent research, published in the European Heart Journal, finds that physical activity can decrease the risk of a heart attack in healthy people by half. A team of researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Cardiac Exercise Research Group in...
A new international study, executed by the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III in Madrid, Spain, and Tufts University, USA, finds a link between healthy sleep during night time and the risk of cardiovascular issues. For the study, the...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more