Lewy body dementia
- Gradual loss of mental abilities, including orientation and memory, reasoning and intelligence.
- Difficulty problem solving.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Repeated falls.
- Transient loss of consciousness.
- Neuroleptic sensitivity.
- Systematised delusions.
- Hallucinations in other modalities.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Multisystem atrophy or multiple system atrophy.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- Late-onset delusional disorder.
- Depressive psychosis.
- Recurrent visual hallucinations.
- Fluctuating cognition.
- Spontaneous motor features of parkinsonism.
- Medications called cholinesterase inhibitors are considered the standard treatment for cognitive symptoms in LBD. The effect of these drugs varies from person to person.
- Movement symptoms may be treated with a Parkinson's medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person.
- For hallucinations, your physician may recommend a cautious trial of antipsychotic medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person. Hallucinations must be treated very conservatively, using the lowest doses possible under careful observation for side effects.
- Physical Therapy: options include cardiovascular, strengthening, and flexibility exercises, as well as gait training. Aerobic or water exercise may be helpful.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapy may also improve muscular strength and swallowing difficulties.
- Occupational Therapy: May help maintain skills and promote function and independence. In addition to these forms of therapy and treatment, music and aroma therapy can also reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Individual and family psychotherapy can be useful for learning strategies to manage emotional and behavioral symptoms and to help make plans that address individual and family concerns about the future.
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
A team of scientists from the University of Pennsylvania claims that they managed to patch up permanent teeth in children with the help of stem cells taken from baby teeth. The team performed the clinical trial that involved 30 children treated with the new method and...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more