Lewy body dementia
- Gradual loss of mental abilities, including orientation and memory, reasoning and intelligence.
- Difficulty problem solving.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Repeated falls.
- Transient loss of consciousness.
- Neuroleptic sensitivity.
- Systematised delusions.
- Hallucinations in other modalities.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Multisystem atrophy or multiple system atrophy.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
- Late-onset delusional disorder.
- Depressive psychosis.
- Recurrent visual hallucinations.
- Fluctuating cognition.
- Spontaneous motor features of parkinsonism.
- Medications called cholinesterase inhibitors are considered the standard treatment for cognitive symptoms in LBD. The effect of these drugs varies from person to person.
- Movement symptoms may be treated with a Parkinson's medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person.
- For hallucinations, your physician may recommend a cautious trial of antipsychotic medication. Potential medication side-effects vary from person to person. Hallucinations must be treated very conservatively, using the lowest doses possible under careful observation for side effects.
- Physical Therapy: options include cardiovascular, strengthening, and flexibility exercises, as well as gait training. Aerobic or water exercise may be helpful.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapy may also improve muscular strength and swallowing difficulties.
- Occupational Therapy: May help maintain skills and promote function and independence. In addition to these forms of therapy and treatment, music and aroma therapy can also reduce anxiety and improve mood.
- Individual and family psychotherapy can be useful for learning strategies to manage emotional and behavioral symptoms and to help make plans that address individual and family concerns about the future.
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
A new study finds that brain volumes of people who regularly eat vegetables, fruit, and fish are on average 2ml greater than brain volumes of those who often drink sugary beverages. A brain volume reduction of 3.6ml equals to one year of aging. For the study, the...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more