Other Risk Factors:
- Nose fracture from a car accident, physical fight, fall, or other traumatic cause.
- Septum perforation due to inhaling drugs such as cocaine or methamphetamine.
- Toxic exposure.
Symptoms:Symptoms include redness, swelling, and pain. Sometimes the tissue becomes raw and bleeds. Nasal vestibulitis typically develops with extended sneezing and nose blowing such as occurs with colds and allergic rhinitis.
Diagnosis:To diagnose the underlying cause of nasal vestibulitis, your doctor or licensed health care practitioner will ask you several questions related to your symptoms. Providing complete answers to these questions will help your health care provider in diagnosing the cause of your symptoms.Questions for diagnosing the cause of nasal vestibulitis include:
- Do you have pain in your nose and, if so, when did it start?
- Has there been discharge or bleeding from the nose?
- Have you had any change in your ability to smell?
- What medications have you been taking?
- What other symptoms do you have?
Nasal Vestibulitis Treatment:Treatment with antibiotics such as Dicloxacillin is needed for 7 to 10 days. A cream, such as Mupirocin, can also be used 2 to 3 times a day to help with the infection. If the problem keeps coming back, an antibiotic called Rifampin is given twice a day for 4 days to help kill the bacteria likely causing the infection. If there is a lump, this may mean that there is a deeper infection. The doctor may need to make a small cut and drain out the pus/infection. Do not try to do this at home. It must be done by a doctor.
- Avoid dairy foods, also citrus fruits, spicy food, excess carbohydrates (sugar, bread, pasta etc), ice cream, chilled drinks and bananas, which all produce excess mucus.
- Avoid all yeast products, mushrooms, mould-related foods such as cheese, alcoholic drinks and vinegar, and also prolonged courses of the contraceptive pill and HRT, as they tend to trigger candidiasis (over growth of the candida fungus), which is a cause of leaky gut syndrome, where toxins push into fie bloodstream.
- Make sure you are not constipated.
- Clear your nose with two drops of sinus oil in each nostril at bedtime for one month.
- Try the yogic method of nasal douching fill a neti pot with 250 mL of lukewarm-water. Add half a teaspoonful of table salt and stir. Tilt your had to one side and, breathing gently through your mouth only, insert the nozzle into the upper nostril and gently pour in the water. This will trickle and then flow stead if out of the lower nostril bringing mucus with it. Repeat with head tilted to the other side. Then blow your nose thoroughly. Expel any residual water by doing the cleansing breath routine.
- To combat allergies, try a homoeopathic desensitizing programme.
- Try acupuncture.
A new study, performed by the researchers from the universities of Newcastle, Warwick, and Sheffield, finds that people living in a city within 984 ft, or 300 m, of green areas, park or playground, are happier. For the study, the researchers examined the quality of...
According to new research, published in the journal Gut, the use of antibiotics in pills and capsules is associated with the higher risk of colon cancer but lower risk of rectal cancer at the same time. Researchers say this risk depends on the type and class of...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more