Other Risk Factors:
- Nose fracture from a car accident, physical fight, fall, or other traumatic cause.
- Septum perforation due to inhaling drugs such as cocaine or methamphetamine.
- Toxic exposure.
Symptoms:Symptoms include redness, swelling, and pain. Sometimes the tissue becomes raw and bleeds. Nasal vestibulitis typically develops with extended sneezing and nose blowing such as occurs with colds and allergic rhinitis.
Diagnosis:To diagnose the underlying cause of nasal vestibulitis, your doctor or licensed health care practitioner will ask you several questions related to your symptoms. Providing complete answers to these questions will help your health care provider in diagnosing the cause of your symptoms.Questions for diagnosing the cause of nasal vestibulitis include:
- Do you have pain in your nose and, if so, when did it start?
- Has there been discharge or bleeding from the nose?
- Have you had any change in your ability to smell?
- What medications have you been taking?
- What other symptoms do you have?
Nasal Vestibulitis Treatment:Treatment with antibiotics such as Dicloxacillin is needed for 7 to 10 days. A cream, such as Mupirocin, can also be used 2 to 3 times a day to help with the infection. If the problem keeps coming back, an antibiotic called Rifampin is given twice a day for 4 days to help kill the bacteria likely causing the infection. If there is a lump, this may mean that there is a deeper infection. The doctor may need to make a small cut and drain out the pus/infection. Do not try to do this at home. It must be done by a doctor.
- Avoid dairy foods, also citrus fruits, spicy food, excess carbohydrates (sugar, bread, pasta etc), ice cream, chilled drinks and bananas, which all produce excess mucus.
- Avoid all yeast products, mushrooms, mould-related foods such as cheese, alcoholic drinks and vinegar, and also prolonged courses of the contraceptive pill and HRT, as they tend to trigger candidiasis (over growth of the candida fungus), which is a cause of leaky gut syndrome, where toxins push into fie bloodstream.
- Make sure you are not constipated.
- Clear your nose with two drops of sinus oil in each nostril at bedtime for one month.
- Try the yogic method of nasal douching fill a neti pot with 250 mL of lukewarm-water. Add half a teaspoonful of table salt and stir. Tilt your had to one side and, breathing gently through your mouth only, insert the nozzle into the upper nostril and gently pour in the water. This will trickle and then flow stead if out of the lower nostril bringing mucus with it. Repeat with head tilted to the other side. Then blow your nose thoroughly. Expel any residual water by doing the cleansing breath routine.
- To combat allergies, try a homoeopathic desensitizing programme.
- Try acupuncture.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more