- Excess conditions include toxic heat, fire, dampness, or phlegm.
- Deficiency conditions mostly involve Yin deficiency. Most common is deficiency of lung Yin, followed by kidney Yin deficiency, often with excess or deficient heat or fire.
- Measles may causes sore throat under some circumstances.
- Breathing through the mouth can cause the throat to dry and become painful.
- In some cases a sore throat could be a sign of throat cancer (usually in smokers).
- Allergies do not cause sudden sore, painful throats. They can, however, cause chronic mild throat irritation.
- Sore throat could occur due to infectious mononucleosis.
- Fish, chicken bone, or other foreign substance increases the risk of throat problems.
- Surgery such as tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy may lead to the condition of sore throat.
- Sinus drainage may cause a sore throat.
- Body aches.
- Joints pain.
- White patches in your throat or on your tonsils.
- Pain when you swallow.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- Sore glands in your jaw and throat.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Drink hot liquids, such as tea and soup, to soothe the throat and thin mucus.
- Gargle with warm salt water. Mix teaspoon of salt in 1 cup or 240 milliliters (mL) of warm water.
- Put ginger root in a glass of hot water, wait 5-10 minutes and drink may soothe sore throat.
- Coarsely powdered cinnamon added to a glass of water along with two tablespoons of honey and a pinch of ground pepper and then boiled, is another remedy for sore throat.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier to moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Suck on sore throat lozenges or hard candies.
- Stop smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.
- If your sore throat is caused by Streptococcus, your clinician will probably prescribe penicillin, taken by mouth for 10 days. Another antibiotic, called erythromycin, can be used if you are allergic to penicillin. If your sore throat is caused by other different bacteria, your clinician may prescribe another type of antibiotic based on the diagnosis results.
- Antibiotics don't work against viruses. Infections caused by viruses usually just have to run their course. Most symptoms caused by a cold-type virus go away in a week to 10 days.
- If a sore throat is a symptom of hay fever or another allergy, your clinician can help you figure out how to avoid the things that trigger your allergies. Or you may need to take medicine for your allergies.
A new study from the University of Granada, Spain, shows that contrary to the widespread belief, those who make self-deprecating jokes do not have low self-esteem, nor they are predisposed to depression. In fact, scientists suggest that this type of people may be...
Sometimes it is difficult to have a bowel movement. Bowel movements range is different for everyone. However, movements from three times per week up to three times per day are considered as healthy. There are some natural methods that can help a person poop. Below,...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more