- Excess conditions include toxic heat, fire, dampness, or phlegm.
- Deficiency conditions mostly involve Yin deficiency. Most common is deficiency of lung Yin, followed by kidney Yin deficiency, often with excess or deficient heat or fire.
- Measles may causes sore throat under some circumstances.
- Breathing through the mouth can cause the throat to dry and become painful.
- In some cases a sore throat could be a sign of throat cancer (usually in smokers).
- Allergies do not cause sudden sore, painful throats. They can, however, cause chronic mild throat irritation.
- Sore throat could occur due to infectious mononucleosis.
- Fish, chicken bone, or other foreign substance increases the risk of throat problems.
- Surgery such as tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy may lead to the condition of sore throat.
- Sinus drainage may cause a sore throat.
- Body aches.
- Joints pain.
- White patches in your throat or on your tonsils.
- Pain when you swallow.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- Sore glands in your jaw and throat.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Drink hot liquids, such as tea and soup, to soothe the throat and thin mucus.
- Gargle with warm salt water. Mix teaspoon of salt in 1 cup or 240 milliliters (mL) of warm water.
- Put ginger root in a glass of hot water, wait 5-10 minutes and drink may soothe sore throat.
- Coarsely powdered cinnamon added to a glass of water along with two tablespoons of honey and a pinch of ground pepper and then boiled, is another remedy for sore throat.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier to moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Suck on sore throat lozenges or hard candies.
- Stop smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.
- If your sore throat is caused by Streptococcus, your clinician will probably prescribe penicillin, taken by mouth for 10 days. Another antibiotic, called erythromycin, can be used if you are allergic to penicillin. If your sore throat is caused by other different bacteria, your clinician may prescribe another type of antibiotic based on the diagnosis results.
- Antibiotics don't work against viruses. Infections caused by viruses usually just have to run their course. Most symptoms caused by a cold-type virus go away in a week to 10 days.
- If a sore throat is a symptom of hay fever or another allergy, your clinician can help you figure out how to avoid the things that trigger your allergies. Or you may need to take medicine for your allergies.
A new laboratory study, conducted by researchers from Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, finds that the asthma drug salbutamol prevents the formation of tangles of fibrous protein that are a hallmark of Alzheimer’s disease. For the study, scientists screened...
Recent research, completed by scientists from the University of Liverpool, UK, finds that cases of brain complications such as strokes, delirium, and other, are occurring all over the world. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed findings from COVID-19...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...