- Excess conditions include toxic heat, fire, dampness, or phlegm.
- Deficiency conditions mostly involve Yin deficiency. Most common is deficiency of lung Yin, followed by kidney Yin deficiency, often with excess or deficient heat or fire.
- Measles may causes sore throat under some circumstances.
- Breathing through the mouth can cause the throat to dry and become painful.
- In some cases a sore throat could be a sign of throat cancer (usually in smokers).
- Allergies do not cause sudden sore, painful throats. They can, however, cause chronic mild throat irritation.
- Sore throat could occur due to infectious mononucleosis.
- Fish, chicken bone, or other foreign substance increases the risk of throat problems.
- Surgery such as tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy may lead to the condition of sore throat.
- Sinus drainage may cause a sore throat.
- Body aches.
- Joints pain.
- White patches in your throat or on your tonsils.
- Pain when you swallow.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- Sore glands in your jaw and throat.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Drink hot liquids, such as tea and soup, to soothe the throat and thin mucus.
- Gargle with warm salt water. Mix teaspoon of salt in 1 cup or 240 milliliters (mL) of warm water.
- Put ginger root in a glass of hot water, wait 5-10 minutes and drink may soothe sore throat.
- Coarsely powdered cinnamon added to a glass of water along with two tablespoons of honey and a pinch of ground pepper and then boiled, is another remedy for sore throat.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier to moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Suck on sore throat lozenges or hard candies.
- Stop smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.
- If your sore throat is caused by Streptococcus, your clinician will probably prescribe penicillin, taken by mouth for 10 days. Another antibiotic, called erythromycin, can be used if you are allergic to penicillin. If your sore throat is caused by other different bacteria, your clinician may prescribe another type of antibiotic based on the diagnosis results.
- Antibiotics don't work against viruses. Infections caused by viruses usually just have to run their course. Most symptoms caused by a cold-type virus go away in a week to 10 days.
- If a sore throat is a symptom of hay fever or another allergy, your clinician can help you figure out how to avoid the things that trigger your allergies. Or you may need to take medicine for your allergies.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more