- Excess conditions include toxic heat, fire, dampness, or phlegm.
- Deficiency conditions mostly involve Yin deficiency. Most common is deficiency of lung Yin, followed by kidney Yin deficiency, often with excess or deficient heat or fire.
- Measles may causes sore throat under some circumstances.
- Breathing through the mouth can cause the throat to dry and become painful.
- In some cases a sore throat could be a sign of throat cancer (usually in smokers).
- Allergies do not cause sudden sore, painful throats. They can, however, cause chronic mild throat irritation.
- Sore throat could occur due to infectious mononucleosis.
- Fish, chicken bone, or other foreign substance increases the risk of throat problems.
- Surgery such as tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy may lead to the condition of sore throat.
- Sinus drainage may cause a sore throat.
- Body aches.
- Joints pain.
- White patches in your throat or on your tonsils.
- Pain when you swallow.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- Sore glands in your jaw and throat.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Drink hot liquids, such as tea and soup, to soothe the throat and thin mucus.
- Gargle with warm salt water. Mix teaspoon of salt in 1 cup or 240 milliliters (mL) of warm water.
- Put ginger root in a glass of hot water, wait 5-10 minutes and drink may soothe sore throat.
- Coarsely powdered cinnamon added to a glass of water along with two tablespoons of honey and a pinch of ground pepper and then boiled, is another remedy for sore throat.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier to moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Suck on sore throat lozenges or hard candies.
- Stop smoking and avoid second-hand smoke.
- If your sore throat is caused by Streptococcus, your clinician will probably prescribe penicillin, taken by mouth for 10 days. Another antibiotic, called erythromycin, can be used if you are allergic to penicillin. If your sore throat is caused by other different bacteria, your clinician may prescribe another type of antibiotic based on the diagnosis results.
- Antibiotics don't work against viruses. Infections caused by viruses usually just have to run their course. Most symptoms caused by a cold-type virus go away in a week to 10 days.
- If a sore throat is a symptom of hay fever or another allergy, your clinician can help you figure out how to avoid the things that trigger your allergies. Or you may need to take medicine for your allergies.
A new research from the University of Edinburgh, UK, suggests that cheap cilostazol tablets may reduce damage to arteries, which lead to blood clots, resulting in strokes and cognitive decline. The researchers plan to assess the medications’ ability to cut the risk of...
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more