- Common viruses, including the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat.
- Infection of the tonsils or adenoids.
- Breathing through the mouth or smoking can produce throat dryness and soreness.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) while lying down or sleeping.
- Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) from allergic or chronic sinusitis.
- Bacterial infections.
- Swollen tonsils.
- Enlarged and tender glands in your neck.
- A painful, tender feeling at the back of your throat.
- Discomfort when swallowing.
- A high temperature (fever) of 38°C (100°F) or over.
- Aching muscles.
- Runny nose.
- Using a lighted instrument to look at your throat, and likely your ears and nasal passages.
- Gently feeling (palpating) your neck to check for swollen glands (lymph nodes).
- Listening to your breathing with a stethoscope.
- Rest the voice for an hour or two before speaking in public.
- Gargle the throat night and morning with salt and water.
- Never force the voice.
- Avoid all occasions that strain the voice, such as prolonged conversation, speaking against noise, or in cold and damp air.
- Practice deep breathing until it becomes an unconscious habit.
- Favor an outdoor life.
- Hum or sing a little every day.
- Discontinue public speaking when there is a severe cold or other affection of the throat.
- Rest the voice and body immediately after speaking in public.
Here is the list of nine user-friendly gym machines for women that are intimidated by barbells, bumper plates, and squat racks by Robin Cortez, director of team training for Chuze Fitness, which has clubs in California, Colorado and Arizona: Smith machine — used for...
A new study from Imperial College London suggests that higher levels of iron may cut the risk of clogged arteries. On the other hand, they are linked to a higher risk of blood clots. Within the scope of the study, the scientists used genetic data from 500,000 people...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more