- Common viruses, including the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat.
- Infection of the tonsils or adenoids.
- Breathing through the mouth or smoking can produce throat dryness and soreness.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) while lying down or sleeping.
- Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) from allergic or chronic sinusitis.
- Bacterial infections.
- Swollen tonsils.
- Enlarged and tender glands in your neck.
- A painful, tender feeling at the back of your throat.
- Discomfort when swallowing.
- A high temperature (fever) of 38°C (100°F) or over.
- Aching muscles.
- Runny nose.
- Using a lighted instrument to look at your throat, and likely your ears and nasal passages.
- Gently feeling (palpating) your neck to check for swollen glands (lymph nodes).
- Listening to your breathing with a stethoscope.
- Rest the voice for an hour or two before speaking in public.
- Gargle the throat night and morning with salt and water.
- Never force the voice.
- Avoid all occasions that strain the voice, such as prolonged conversation, speaking against noise, or in cold and damp air.
- Practice deep breathing until it becomes an unconscious habit.
- Favor an outdoor life.
- Hum or sing a little every day.
- Discontinue public speaking when there is a severe cold or other affection of the throat.
- Rest the voice and body immediately after speaking in public.
A new study, performed by researchers from the University of Graz, Austria, finds that a compound known as 4,4'-dimethoxychalcone (DMC) in Japanese ashitaba can boost cellular health and prolong youth. For the study, the researchers conducted experiments with the...
Recent research suggests that a handful of nuts, such as Brazil nut, cashew or pistachios, may reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke by 33% in people with diabetes. Having performed analysis of the received data, the researchers discovered that people who ate an...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more