- Disorders that cause hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid nodules.
- Thyroid cancer.
- Weight loss.
- Eating more than usual.
- Rapid and irregular heart beat.
- Pale and dry skin.
- A hoarse voice.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Weak and brittle bone.
- Trembling in your hands and fingers.
- Increased sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Muscle weakness.
- More frequent bowel movements.
- Blood test. Testing the level of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood.
- Radioactive iodine uptake test. For this test, you swallow a liquid or capsule containing a small dose of radioiodine. Then, a probe placed over your thyroid measures the amount of radioiodine in your thyroid. A high uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making too much of thyroid hormones. A low uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making low or enough thyroid hormones.
- Thyroid scan. Thyroid scan usually uses the same radioiodine dose that was given by mouth for your uptake test.
- Thyroid fine needle biopsy. This test is used to see if thyroid nodules have normal cells in them.
- Thyroid ultrasound. The thyroid ultrasound helps your doctor to tell what type of nodule you have how large it is.
- For hyperthyroidism treatment options may include, antithyroid medications (medications such as levothyroxine, Liothyronine is also available), radioiodine, and thyroid surgery.
- Thyroid nodules treatment options may include, watchful waiting, radioiodine, alcohol ablation, surgery and thyroid cancer can be treated mainly by surgery.
- Treatment of goiter depends on the cause of goiter. If your goiter is caused by not getting enough iodine, you may be given iodine supplement to swallow and T4 supplement. Other options may include radioiodine and surgery.
A new study from Oregon State University suggests that daily exposure to blue light, emitted from phones, computers, and other gadgets, may affect longevity damaging cells in the brain, as well as retinas. For the research, the scientists exposed flies to blue LED...
According to a new long-term study, which followed more than 900 people from New Zealand for around 40 years, people in their 40s who walk slowly are more likely to show symptoms of accelerated biological aging and compromised brain integrity. Within the scope of the...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...