- Disorders that cause hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid nodules.
- Thyroid cancer.
- Weight loss.
- Eating more than usual.
- Rapid and irregular heart beat.
- Pale and dry skin.
- A hoarse voice.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Weak and brittle bone.
- Trembling in your hands and fingers.
- Increased sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Muscle weakness.
- More frequent bowel movements.
- Blood test. Testing the level of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood.
- Radioactive iodine uptake test. For this test, you swallow a liquid or capsule containing a small dose of radioiodine. Then, a probe placed over your thyroid measures the amount of radioiodine in your thyroid. A high uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making too much of thyroid hormones. A low uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making low or enough thyroid hormones.
- Thyroid scan. Thyroid scan usually uses the same radioiodine dose that was given by mouth for your uptake test.
- Thyroid fine needle biopsy. This test is used to see if thyroid nodules have normal cells in them.
- Thyroid ultrasound. The thyroid ultrasound helps your doctor to tell what type of nodule you have how large it is.
- For hyperthyroidism treatment options may include, antithyroid medications (medications such as levothyroxine, Liothyronine is also available), radioiodine, and thyroid surgery.
- Thyroid nodules treatment options may include, watchful waiting, radioiodine, alcohol ablation, surgery and thyroid cancer can be treated mainly by surgery.
- Treatment of goiter depends on the cause of goiter. If your goiter is caused by not getting enough iodine, you may be given iodine supplement to swallow and T4 supplement. Other options may include radioiodine and surgery.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more