- Disorders that cause hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid nodules.
- Thyroid cancer.
- Weight loss.
- Eating more than usual.
- Rapid and irregular heart beat.
- Pale and dry skin.
- A hoarse voice.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Weak and brittle bone.
- Trembling in your hands and fingers.
- Increased sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Muscle weakness.
- More frequent bowel movements.
- Blood test. Testing the level of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood.
- Radioactive iodine uptake test. For this test, you swallow a liquid or capsule containing a small dose of radioiodine. Then, a probe placed over your thyroid measures the amount of radioiodine in your thyroid. A high uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making too much of thyroid hormones. A low uptake of radioiodine means that your thyroid is making low or enough thyroid hormones.
- Thyroid scan. Thyroid scan usually uses the same radioiodine dose that was given by mouth for your uptake test.
- Thyroid fine needle biopsy. This test is used to see if thyroid nodules have normal cells in them.
- Thyroid ultrasound. The thyroid ultrasound helps your doctor to tell what type of nodule you have how large it is.
- For hyperthyroidism treatment options may include, antithyroid medications (medications such as levothyroxine, Liothyronine is also available), radioiodine, and thyroid surgery.
- Thyroid nodules treatment options may include, watchful waiting, radioiodine, alcohol ablation, surgery and thyroid cancer can be treated mainly by surgery.
- Treatment of goiter depends on the cause of goiter. If your goiter is caused by not getting enough iodine, you may be given iodine supplement to swallow and T4 supplement. Other options may include radioiodine and surgery.
According to recent clinical research, with the results published in JAMA, high doses of vitamin D may prevent the growth of colorectal cancer in combination with chemotherapy. During the study, the researchers observed that progression of the disease in patients who...
A new study from Boston University, US, demonstrates that electrostimulation may improve the working memory in people in their 70s. In the course of the study, the researchers asked a group of people in their 20s and a group in their 60s and 70s to complete a bunch of...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more