- Acute thyroiditis.
- Autoimmune thyroiditis.
- Chronic atrophic thyroiditis.
- Chronic fibrous thyroiditis.
- Chronic lymphadenoid thyroiditis.
- Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis.
- Drug-induced thyroiditis.
- De Quervain thyroiditis.
- Focal lymphocytic thyroiditis.
- Giant cell thyroiditis.
- Giant follicular thyroiditis.
- Hashimoto thyroiditis.
- Ligneous thyroiditis.
- Lymphocytic thyroiditis.
- Parasitic thyroiditis.
- Postpartum thyroiditis.
- Radiation-induced thyroiditis.
- Riedel thyroiditis.
- Silent thyroiditis.
- Subacute thyroiditis.
- Subacute granulomatous thyroiditis.
- Subacute lymphocyte thyroiditis.
- Suppurative thyroiditis.
- Acute thyroiditis or suppurative thyroiditis is relatively rare and typically caused by an infection that starts within the thyroid gland.
- Subacute thyroiditis is thought to occur from a viral infection and typically causes the thyroid gland to swell very rapidly.
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the thyroid gland caused by abnormal blood antibodies and white blood cells attacking and damaging thyroid cells. The end result of this so-called "autoimmune" destruction is hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid functioning. Some patients are able to retain sufficient thyroid reserve to prevent hypothyroidism.
- Silent thyroiditis is also a typically a temporary condition with only a slight enlargement of the thyroid gland.
- Radiation-induced thyroiditis is caused by radiation treatment that is given for the treatment of cancer or radioactive iodine treatment.
- Sometime even taking certain drugs causes thyroiditis.
- Postpartum thyroiditis occurs frequently in women with a past history of thyroid disease who have recently delivered a baby. In most respects, silent and post partum thyroiditis resemble Hashimoto's thyroiditis except that the gland tends to recover and thyroid hormone treatment need be given for only a few weeks. However, it does differ from subacute thyroiditis in that recurrences are common (10%) and progression to permanent hypothyroidism is more frequent (10%).
- Muscle weakness
- Tremors (shaking hands or fingers).
- Unexpected weight gain.
- Dry skin.
- Muscle aches.
- Weight loss.
- Nervousness, anxiety or irritability.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Rapid heart rate.
A new study from Brazil suggests that trendy intermittent fasting may be the reason for increasing insulin levels and the amount of abdominal fat. It also may lead to the damage of pancreatic cells. Intermittent fasting diet is a diet when a dieting person has “fast”...
It is well known that our overall health and wellbeing are totally dependable on what we eat. That is why a healthy diet plays a significant role in keeping the body healthy. Day after day, scientists all over the world make new discoveries proving that certain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more