Transient global amnesia
- Strenuous physical activity.
- Sexual intercourse.
- Medical procedures, such as angiography or endoscopy.
- Acute emotional distress, as might be provoked by bad news, conflict or overwork.
- Blocked arteries.
- Temporal lobe seizures.
- Migraine headaches.
- Is neurologically intact except for absent memory (for example, remains alert, remembers identity, remembers past experiences).
- Asks relevant questions repeatedly because she or he does not remember the answer.
- Is unable to recall the episode once she or he has recovered.
- Usually maintains her or his semantic memory (long-term memory responsible for retaining knowledge about the world, including the meaning of words and objects) and meta memory (the awareness of what one should know).
- Anterograde amnesia must be present.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan: Using special X-ray equipment, CT machines obtain images from many different angles and join them together to show cross-sectional images of the brain and skull. CT scans can reveal abnormalities in brain structure, including narrowed, overstretched or broken blood vessels and past strokes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This technique uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed, cross-sectional images of the brain. The MRI machine can combine these slices to produce 3-D images that may be viewed from many different angles.
A new study conducted by researchers from the University of California in Los Angeles, U.S., suggests that high levels of stress hormones is associated with a person’s higher risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular events. For their study, researchers recruited...
In a new study from Denmark, researchers found that regular exposure to traffic noise may increase the risk of developing all-cause dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease in particular. The current study included almost 2 million adults, aged 60 years and over, who lived...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. Kangoo...