Transient global amnesia
- Strenuous physical activity.
- Sexual intercourse.
- Medical procedures, such as angiography or endoscopy.
- Acute emotional distress, as might be provoked by bad news, conflict or overwork.
- Blocked arteries.
- Temporal lobe seizures.
- Migraine headaches.
- Is neurologically intact except for absent memory (for example, remains alert, remembers identity, remembers past experiences).
- Asks relevant questions repeatedly because she or he does not remember the answer.
- Is unable to recall the episode once she or he has recovered.
- Usually maintains her or his semantic memory (long-term memory responsible for retaining knowledge about the world, including the meaning of words and objects) and meta memory (the awareness of what one should know).
- Anterograde amnesia must be present.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan: Using special X-ray equipment, CT machines obtain images from many different angles and join them together to show cross-sectional images of the brain and skull. CT scans can reveal abnormalities in brain structure, including narrowed, overstretched or broken blood vessels and past strokes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This technique uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed, cross-sectional images of the brain. The MRI machine can combine these slices to produce 3-D images that may be viewed from many different angles.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more