- The aorta, which is attached to the left bottom chamber (ventricle) of the heart and carries oxygen-rich blood to the body.
- Delayed growth or growth failure.
- Poor feeding.
- Rapid breathing (tachypnea).
- Shortness of breath.
- Widening of the finger tips (clubbing).
- A cardiac catheterization may be done on rare occasions if anatomy appears very unusual, or the diagnosis is made later as information is needed regarding the pressures in the pulmonary arteries. In most cases, however, the echocardiogram gives enough information to plan for surgery.
- MRI of the heart.
- X-ray of the chest.
- Closure of the ventricular septal defect using a patch.
- Creating a connection between the right ventricle and the pulmonary arteries using a valved conduit, usually a homograft pulmonary artery.
- Most infants will require a period of very close monitoring in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit while their heart function recovers from the major reconstruction.
- The use of mechanical ventilation, special monitoring lines, and strong intravenous medications is typical during this period.
- Gradually, as the heart function stabilizes, the supporting measures may be withdrawn and conversion to oral medications and attention to feeding dominates the management program.
- Time in hospital following surgery may vary from one to three weeks in most cases.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more