- Vascular dementia of acute onset following a stroke sometimes called post-stroke dementia. Multi-infarct Dementia: Subacute onset with step wise decline in following a number of mini strokes or transient ischemic attacks in outer parts of the brain called cerebral cortex.
- Subcortical Vascular Dementia: This mainly happens due to ischemic damage results in loss of the covering sheath of nerve fibers in the brain.
- Mixed cortical and subcortical vascular dementia.
- Narrowing and furring of the main arteries in the neck supplying blood to the brain.
- High blood pressure.
- Raised cholesterol.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Smoking and illicit drug use.
- Leg or arm weakness.
- Moving with rapid, shuffling steps.
- Balance problems.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Slowed thinking.
- Unusual mood changes.
- Hallucinations and delusions.
- Confusion, which may get worse at night.
- Personality changes and loss of social skills.
- Slurred speech.
- Language problems, such as difficulty finding the right words for things.
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings.
- Laughing or crying inappropriately.
- Difficulty planning, organizing, or following instructions.
- Difficulty doing things that used to come easily.
According to recent research, published in the journal Immunity, probiotics can be used safely and efficiently to fight osteoporosis, widely-known as osteoporosis. The researchers have used a mouse model to check the hypothesis. The mice received oral Lactobacillus...
A new study, published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, finds that a hot bath may help reduce inflammation and improve metabolism. As a part of an experiment, each study participant took a hot bath with water temperature 102°F (39°C) for one hour. The researchers...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more