- Vascular dementia of acute onset following a stroke sometimes called post-stroke dementia. Multi-infarct Dementia: Subacute onset with step wise decline in following a number of mini strokes or transient ischemic attacks in outer parts of the brain called cerebral cortex.
- Subcortical Vascular Dementia: This mainly happens due to ischemic damage results in loss of the covering sheath of nerve fibers in the brain.
- Mixed cortical and subcortical vascular dementia.
- Narrowing and furring of the main arteries in the neck supplying blood to the brain.
- High blood pressure.
- Raised cholesterol.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Smoking and illicit drug use.
- Leg or arm weakness.
- Moving with rapid, shuffling steps.
- Balance problems.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Slowed thinking.
- Unusual mood changes.
- Hallucinations and delusions.
- Confusion, which may get worse at night.
- Personality changes and loss of social skills.
- Slurred speech.
- Language problems, such as difficulty finding the right words for things.
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings.
- Laughing or crying inappropriately.
- Difficulty planning, organizing, or following instructions.
- Difficulty doing things that used to come easily.
According to a new study, performed by the French scientists, people who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables have up to 30% less risk to experience the severe symptoms of asthma. For their research, a team of scientists studied approximately 35,000 people comparing...
A human immune system consists of various cells, tissues, and proteins. In the system, they carry out the processes in our body that fight with pathogens — viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies. When a pathogen comes into contact with the immune system, the latter...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path of correction, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more