- Vascular dementia of acute onset following a stroke sometimes called post-stroke dementia. Multi-infarct Dementia: Subacute onset with step wise decline in following a number of mini strokes or transient ischemic attacks in outer parts of the brain called cerebral cortex.
- Subcortical Vascular Dementia: This mainly happens due to ischemic damage results in loss of the covering sheath of nerve fibers in the brain.
- Mixed cortical and subcortical vascular dementia.
- Narrowing and furring of the main arteries in the neck supplying blood to the brain.
- High blood pressure.
- Raised cholesterol.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Smoking and illicit drug use.
- Leg or arm weakness.
- Moving with rapid, shuffling steps.
- Balance problems.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Slowed thinking.
- Unusual mood changes.
- Hallucinations and delusions.
- Confusion, which may get worse at night.
- Personality changes and loss of social skills.
- Slurred speech.
- Language problems, such as difficulty finding the right words for things.
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings.
- Laughing or crying inappropriately.
- Difficulty planning, organizing, or following instructions.
- Difficulty doing things that used to come easily.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more