- Vascular dementia of acute onset following a stroke sometimes called post-stroke dementia. Multi-infarct Dementia: Subacute onset with step wise decline in following a number of mini strokes or transient ischemic attacks in outer parts of the brain called cerebral cortex.
- Subcortical Vascular Dementia: This mainly happens due to ischemic damage results in loss of the covering sheath of nerve fibers in the brain.
- Mixed cortical and subcortical vascular dementia.
- Narrowing and furring of the main arteries in the neck supplying blood to the brain.
- High blood pressure.
- Raised cholesterol.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Smoking and illicit drug use.
- Leg or arm weakness.
- Moving with rapid, shuffling steps.
- Balance problems.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Slowed thinking.
- Unusual mood changes.
- Hallucinations and delusions.
- Confusion, which may get worse at night.
- Personality changes and loss of social skills.
- Slurred speech.
- Language problems, such as difficulty finding the right words for things.
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings.
- Laughing or crying inappropriately.
- Difficulty planning, organizing, or following instructions.
- Difficulty doing things that used to come easily.
According to recent research from the Translational Genomics Research Institute, US, having a close relative with the Alzheimer’s disease may affect cognition and learning. During the study, the total amount of 59,571 participants completed online questionnaires...
According to a new observational study from France, consumption of sugary drinks, including 100% fruit juices, may increase the risk of cancer. A team of researchers analyzed data from 101,257 French adults whose median age was 42 from the NutriNet-Santé study to...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more