- During expiratory wheezing, the whistling sound is made when exhaling. This type of wheezing may be present with other symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath. Expiratory wheezing is likely to indicate respiratory disease. Examples include asthma, COPD and pneumonia.
- Wheezing on exertion occurs during strenuous activities. It can be the result of pulmonary heart disease. In pulmonary heart disease, there is decreased blood flow to the lungs, causing difficulty breathing. Wheezing on exertion can also be caused by exercise-induced asthma. Individuals suffering from exercise-induced asthma are often symptom free when at rest.
- Exposure to allergens (food, pollen, and other substances, that cause a person to have an allergic reaction).
- Breathing a foreign object into the lungs.
- Emphysema (COPD), especially when a respiratory infection is present.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Heart failure (cardiac asthma).
- Insect sting that causes an allergic reaction.
- Viral infection, especially in infants younger than age 2.
- A fast-acting bronchodilator inhaler.
- An inhaled corticosteroid.
- A long-acting bronchodilator.
- An asthma controller pill to reduce airway inflammation.
- A non-sedating antihistamine pill (such as loratadine), or a prescription nasal spray if you have nasal allergies.
- A bronchodilator (such as albuterol or salbutamol) to help ease the wheezing as the infection clears.
- An antibiotic if you have an underlying lung problem.
- Generally, any mild wheezing that accompanies acute bronchitis disappears when the infection does.
Recent research, published in the European Heart Journal, finds that physical activity can decrease the risk of a heart attack in healthy people by half. A team of researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Cardiac Exercise Research Group in...
A new international study, executed by the Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III in Madrid, Spain, and Tufts University, USA, finds a link between healthy sleep during night time and the risk of cardiovascular issues. For the study, the...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more