- During expiratory wheezing, the whistling sound is made when exhaling. This type of wheezing may be present with other symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath. Expiratory wheezing is likely to indicate respiratory disease. Examples include asthma, COPD and pneumonia.
- Wheezing on exertion occurs during strenuous activities. It can be the result of pulmonary heart disease. In pulmonary heart disease, there is decreased blood flow to the lungs, causing difficulty breathing. Wheezing on exertion can also be caused by exercise-induced asthma. Individuals suffering from exercise-induced asthma are often symptom free when at rest.
- Exposure to allergens (food, pollen, and other substances, that cause a person to have an allergic reaction).
- Breathing a foreign object into the lungs.
- Emphysema (COPD), especially when a respiratory infection is present.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Heart failure (cardiac asthma).
- Insect sting that causes an allergic reaction.
- Viral infection, especially in infants younger than age 2.
- A fast-acting bronchodilator inhaler.
- An inhaled corticosteroid.
- A long-acting bronchodilator.
- An asthma controller pill to reduce airway inflammation.
- A non-sedating antihistamine pill (such as loratadine), or a prescription nasal spray if you have nasal allergies.
- A bronchodilator (such as albuterol or salbutamol) to help ease the wheezing as the infection clears.
- An antibiotic if you have an underlying lung problem.
- Generally, any mild wheezing that accompanies acute bronchitis disappears when the infection does.
According to a recent study, published in The Journal of Physiology, exercising four to five times per week may help stop the main arteries to the heart from stiffening up. The researchers from the US have found that those who exercise four to five times per week had...
A new study from Brazil suggests that trendy intermittent fasting may be the reason for increasing insulin levels and the amount of abdominal fat. It also may lead to the damage of pancreatic cells. Intermittent fasting diet is a diet when a dieting person has “fast”...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more