- During expiratory wheezing, the whistling sound is made when exhaling. This type of wheezing may be present with other symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath. Expiratory wheezing is likely to indicate respiratory disease. Examples include asthma, COPD and pneumonia.
- Wheezing on exertion occurs during strenuous activities. It can be the result of pulmonary heart disease. In pulmonary heart disease, there is decreased blood flow to the lungs, causing difficulty breathing. Wheezing on exertion can also be caused by exercise-induced asthma. Individuals suffering from exercise-induced asthma are often symptom free when at rest.
- Exposure to allergens (food, pollen, and other substances, that cause a person to have an allergic reaction).
- Breathing a foreign object into the lungs.
- Emphysema (COPD), especially when a respiratory infection is present.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Heart failure (cardiac asthma).
- Insect sting that causes an allergic reaction.
- Viral infection, especially in infants younger than age 2.
- A fast-acting bronchodilator inhaler.
- An inhaled corticosteroid.
- A long-acting bronchodilator.
- An asthma controller pill to reduce airway inflammation.
- A non-sedating antihistamine pill (such as loratadine), or a prescription nasal spray if you have nasal allergies.
- A bronchodilator (such as albuterol or salbutamol) to help ease the wheezing as the infection clears.
- An antibiotic if you have an underlying lung problem.
- Generally, any mild wheezing that accompanies acute bronchitis disappears when the infection does.
According to a new study, performed by the French scientists, people who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables have up to 30% less risk to experience the severe symptoms of asthma. For their research, a team of scientists studied approximately 35,000 people comparing...
A human immune system consists of various cells, tissues, and proteins. In the system, they carry out the processes in our body that fight with pathogens — viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies. When a pathogen comes into contact with the immune system, the latter...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path of correction, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more