3 Healthy Meatless Meals With Beans
Beans contain large amounts of starch and other carbohydrates, proteins. The composition of beans includes a rich set of vitamins. Also beans contain almost all minerals and substances necessary for normal functioning of the body. Beans have good dietary properties, so used to diet with various gastrointestinal diseases, diseases of the kidneys, liver, bladder, heart failure. Here you can find 5 healthy recipes with beans and without meat.
Lobio with nuts and pomegranate seedsIngredients:Dry red beans - 1 cup Salt - to taste Onion - 1 piece Olive oil - 2 tablespoons Garlic - 2-3 cloves Peeled walnuts - 1 cup Cilantro - medium beam Khmeli-suneli - 1/2 tsp Ground coriander - 1/2 tsp Pomegranate juice - 1/2 cup Grains of half pomegranateHow to cook:
- Soak beans in cold water overnight. In the morning wash, put them into a saucepan and fill with clean water. Cook for 1.5 hours. Salt 15 minutes before end of cooking. Drain.
- Chop the onion and fry until transparent in vegetable oil.
- Chop garlic and walnuts, mix them.
- Mix the nuts with onions, chopped cilantro, khmeli-suneli and coriander. Pour pomegranate juice.
- Add the nutty sauce to warm beans, stir and season with salt. Let it brew for a few hours.
- Before serving, put the beans on a plate and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Pasta with tomatoes and beans sauceIngredients: Penne - 250 g Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons Onion - 1 piece. 1-2 garlic cloves Cooked or canned red beans - 200g Cooked or canned black beans - 200g Canned corn - 200g Canned tomatoes - 400g Sugar -1 tsp Salt to taste Italian herbs Ground pepperHow to cook:
- Boil the penne in salted water until tender.
- Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add chopped canned tomatoes without peel and mix. Prepare 5 minutes.
- Add corn and beans, season to taste. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce with pasta.
Chili with vegetablesIngredients: Olive oil - 2 tbsp Onions, sliced - 3/4 cup Yellow bell pepper, chopped - 3/4 cup Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped - 1 pc. Garlic, finely chopped - 3-4 cloves Vegetable broth - 1 liter Lemon juice -1 tbsp Lentils - 1 1/2 of cup Canned tomatoes, chopped - 800 ml White or red beans - 1 can Ground cumin - 1 tsp Ground coriander - 1 tsp Chili powder - 1 tsp Ground paprika - 1 tsp 1 cup of water Coarse salt - 2 tsp Ground pepper to tasteHow to cook:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, sweet pepper and hot pepper until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil. Add the lentils and tomatoes. Again bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add beans, cumin, coriander, chilli and paprika. Pour a glass of water, salt and season to taste.
A new study from the University of Florida suggests that diabetes drug Metformin may reduce the risk of developing age-related degeneration (AMD). For the study, a team of researchers analyzed medical records from 1947 patients from the University of Florida health...
Recent research suggests that eating whole-grain rye or wheat influences serotonin levels in plasma and microbiota with certain effects for health such as decreasing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The study was performed by the University of Eastern Finland...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more