3 Healthy Meatless Meals With Beans
Beans contain large amounts of starch and other carbohydrates, proteins. The composition of beans includes a rich set of vitamins. Also beans contain almost all minerals and substances necessary for normal functioning of the body. Beans have good dietary properties, so used to diet with various gastrointestinal diseases, diseases of the kidneys, liver, bladder, heart failure. Here you can find 5 healthy recipes with beans and without meat.
Lobio with nuts and pomegranate seedsIngredients:Dry red beans - 1 cup Salt - to taste Onion - 1 piece Olive oil - 2 tablespoons Garlic - 2-3 cloves Peeled walnuts - 1 cup Cilantro - medium beam Khmeli-suneli - 1/2 tsp Ground coriander - 1/2 tsp Pomegranate juice - 1/2 cup Grains of half pomegranateHow to cook:
- Soak beans in cold water overnight. In the morning wash, put them into a saucepan and fill with clean water. Cook for 1.5 hours. Salt 15 minutes before end of cooking. Drain.
- Chop the onion and fry until transparent in vegetable oil.
- Chop garlic and walnuts, mix them.
- Mix the nuts with onions, chopped cilantro, khmeli-suneli and coriander. Pour pomegranate juice.
- Add the nutty sauce to warm beans, stir and season with salt. Let it brew for a few hours.
- Before serving, put the beans on a plate and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Pasta with tomatoes and beans sauceIngredients: Penne - 250 g Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons Onion - 1 piece. 1-2 garlic cloves Cooked or canned red beans - 200g Cooked or canned black beans - 200g Canned corn - 200g Canned tomatoes - 400g Sugar -1 tsp Salt to taste Italian herbs Ground pepperHow to cook:
- Boil the penne in salted water until tender.
- Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add chopped canned tomatoes without peel and mix. Prepare 5 minutes.
- Add corn and beans, season to taste. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce with pasta.
Chili with vegetablesIngredients: Olive oil - 2 tbsp Onions, sliced - 3/4 cup Yellow bell pepper, chopped - 3/4 cup Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped - 1 pc. Garlic, finely chopped - 3-4 cloves Vegetable broth - 1 liter Lemon juice -1 tbsp Lentils - 1 1/2 of cup Canned tomatoes, chopped - 800 ml White or red beans - 1 can Ground cumin - 1 tsp Ground coriander - 1 tsp Chili powder - 1 tsp Ground paprika - 1 tsp 1 cup of water Coarse salt - 2 tsp Ground pepper to tasteHow to cook:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, sweet pepper and hot pepper until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil. Add the lentils and tomatoes. Again bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add beans, cumin, coriander, chilli and paprika. Pour a glass of water, salt and season to taste.
New research from Arizona State University in Tempe, US, suggests that uterus may interact with the brain and influence the memory. For the study, a team of researchers used a rat model. The female rats were included into four groups, and the rats from three groups...
A new Swedish study finds that 10 pm on Christmas Eve is the peak time for the risk of having a heart attack, for the senior people and people with the existing issue in particular. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed data from 283,014 cases of heart attack...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more