7 Nutrition Things About Potatoes You Didn’t Know
There are hundreds of interesting facts about potatoes that can be easily assembled, but Medigoo.com selected the most interesting and unusual things you probably haven't heard before.
We used to think that potato is fattening food, it is all because we don't know the true facts about it and tips, which may serve us in cooking. After reading this, you will find out how to include potatoes in your diet even if you aim to lose weight.
1. The entire potato is healthy
If you like potatoes, eat it whole with skin. One part of it is not less nutritious than other. Boil potatoes with skin, add some salt or pepper and it will be a great healthy main or dish.
2. Potatoes have a high moisture content
80 % of one piece consists of only water. The other 20% is solid.
3. The average potato has only 110 calories
Contrary to popular belief, the potatoes are not very high in calories, a single piece has 110 calories, but one tablespoon of butter will double the calorie content of potatoes, so stay tuned for that, and watch what and in what quantities you add in potato dishes.
4. It contains 2 grams of fiber
5. It gives 620 milligrams of potassium
Actually, a potato has more potassium than a banana, which is considered to be the most famous source of potassium. It is around 21% of our daily need.
6. Potato is very rich in vitamin C
It provides 45% of the recommended daily norm of vitamin C. It is much more than orange can give. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant that can strengthen our immune system and provide healthy skin.
7. It is a source of vitamin B6Potato gives us 10% of daily need of vitamin B6. This vitamin helps to convert food into energy and stimulates a body to metabolize fats and proteins.There are millions of recipes and ways to cook it. You may bake, boil, roast, grill it and enjoy all its benefits!
A new Finnish study, published in the journal Frontiers in Microbiology, finds that endurance exercises may change the composition of gut microbiota. The researchers developed a 6-week program of bicycle training and enrolled 17 overweight women for this program. All...
In summer and spring it is easy to get up early and run a couple of laps, do a few push-ups and, with a sense of accomplishment, go to work. But in autumn, when there are dark clouds in sky, a cold wind is blowing and it is boring rain, you probably not feel like...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more