8 Reasons to Start Riding a Bike
- Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not at a furious speed, and you can say "good-bye!" to more than two hundred calories.
- Strong heart and joints The habit of riding a bike has a positive effect on the "engine" of our body - the heart. Regular riding helps stabilize blood pressure and improve blood circulation throughout the body.
- Healthy sleep If you do not plan to go to bed for more than 4 hours, do not ignore the bike ride. Let it be only thirty minutes. The energy that will be received during this time will be enough to sleep soundly and sweetly.
- Feeling young and happy After a while, good mood is automatically displayed on your face and body: the skin looks elastic, and the forms acquire attractive outlines.
- No stress Dimensional riding a bike is like meditation after a hard day. Problems that have accumulated, tasks that need to be carried out as quickly as possible, little disagreement with family, friends or colleagues. All this can easily be forgotten by sitting on a bicycle.
- Portion of happiness Biking is not only good to finish the day, but also to start. A small bike ride will cheer you up in the morning, and also give a portion of serotonin and dopamine, the so-called "happiness hormones".
- Fun with friends and family You will feel the need to accomplish this point when you cross 30 with a plus. Then you will understand that the city with its skyscrapers is stuffy and boring. Why it is not a reason to take a big company and take your iron horses from garages, find a green area outside the city and make a small trip?
- Minimal harm to the environment And for your wallet and time. After all, you do not have to buy gasoline, and you will arrive faster to the place of work than on a bus or tram which for a long time can stand in the jam. And as for ecology, such small trips on a two-wheeled one is your small contribution to the purity of the whole planet.
According to a Spanish research, led by Dr. Victoria Moreno-Arribas from the Spanish National Research Council in Madrid, drinking red wine may protect teeth by destroying bacteria causing cavities and gum disease. The researchers completed an experiment where they...
Numerous studies conducted earlier showed that regular exercises have a positive effect on physical and mental health. The new work of American scientists confirms this. They believe that running five kilometers once a day is useful for the hippocampus (the brain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more
If you suffer from insomnia, it's hard for you to fall asleep in the evening, and wake up in the morning, it means that the body's resources are running out. Too much physical and emotional stress are accumulated, the nervous system is in imbalance. You need to unload...read more