8 Reasons to Start Riding a Bike
- Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not at a furious speed, and you can say "good-bye!" to more than two hundred calories.
- Strong heart and joints The habit of riding a bike has a positive effect on the "engine" of our body - the heart. Regular riding helps stabilize blood pressure and improve blood circulation throughout the body.
- Healthy sleep If you do not plan to go to bed for more than 4 hours, do not ignore the bike ride. Let it be only thirty minutes. The energy that will be received during this time will be enough to sleep soundly and sweetly.
- Feeling young and happy After a while, good mood is automatically displayed on your face and body: the skin looks elastic, and the forms acquire attractive outlines.
- No stress Dimensional riding a bike is like meditation after a hard day. Problems that have accumulated, tasks that need to be carried out as quickly as possible, little disagreement with family, friends or colleagues. All this can easily be forgotten by sitting on a bicycle.
- Portion of happiness Biking is not only good to finish the day, but also to start. A small bike ride will cheer you up in the morning, and also give a portion of serotonin and dopamine, the so-called "happiness hormones".
- Fun with friends and family You will feel the need to accomplish this point when you cross 30 with a plus. Then you will understand that the city with its skyscrapers is stuffy and boring. Why it is not a reason to take a big company and take your iron horses from garages, find a green area outside the city and make a small trip?
- Minimal harm to the environment And for your wallet and time. After all, you do not have to buy gasoline, and you will arrive faster to the place of work than on a bus or tram which for a long time can stand in the jam. And as for ecology, such small trips on a two-wheeled one is your small contribution to the purity of the whole planet.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more