9 Enthralling Healthy Nutrition Myths
There are many healthy nutrition myths that can be found in usual tips, recommendations, and diets guidance. Modern scientists, nutritionists are trying to refute the most common ones.
1. Blueberries are known as super foods rich in antioxidants.
But it does not give it an advantage over other fruits. It turns out that there are healthy foods, where a higher content of antioxidants - dark chocolate and red grapes. Related: How do blueberries affect your health?
2. Eggs raise cholesterol levels in the body.
This product does contain cholesterol. But the body itself regulates its level. By moderated use of eggs (1-2 per day), the benefits of this product significantly exceed harms.
3. Coffee leads to dehydration.
There are so many nutrition myths about coffee. Experts say that people who drink coffee are constantly faced with this problem not more frequently than others. Related: Coffee changes the brain structure
4. Margarine is harmful to the heart.
Indeed, when it included hydrogenated fats, it was true. But now this product is made with monounsaturated fats. And such margarine healthier than butter.
5. Fruits and vegetables should be stored in the refrigerator.
This is true, but not always. For example, watermelon, which was stored at room temperature, contains twice as much beta-carotene. With regard to the storage of bananas and peaches out of the refrigerator, they retain more nutrients.
6. The body needs 8 glasses of water a day.It is believed that it helps to moisturize the skin, lose weight and detox the body. But scientists still have not found evidence of this assertion. According to nutritionists, the best indicator of the need for water - it's thirst.
7. Nutrition myths about weight loss - eat little portions but often.Australian scientists have found that people who adhere to this rule, really lose weight - but just as quickly gain it back. Related: 10 Popular lies about weight loss
8. White meat has less fat than red.Modern nutritionists proved that the fat content of the white and red meat is approximately the same.
9. Bright vegetables contain more nutrients.Recognizing all the advantages of spinach, beets, and carrots, do not forget about cabbage and cauliflower. Despite the lack of bright colors - they are just a storehouse of antioxidants, calcium, and iron.That's our short list for now, but we hope in your comments you can bring us and other readers more nutrition myths from reliable sources. Looking forward to hearing your comments!
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more