9 Enthralling Healthy Nutrition Myths
There are many healthy nutrition myths that can be found in usual tips, recommendations, and diets guidance. Modern scientists, nutritionists are trying to refute the most common ones.
1. Blueberries are known as super foods rich in antioxidants.
But it does not give it an advantage over other fruits. It turns out that there are healthy foods, where a higher content of antioxidants - dark chocolate and red grapes. Related: How do blueberries affect your health?
2. Eggs raise cholesterol levels in the body.
This product does contain cholesterol. But the body itself regulates its level. By moderated use of eggs (1-2 per day), the benefits of this product significantly exceed harms.
3. Coffee leads to dehydration.
There are so many nutrition myths about coffee. Experts say that people who drink coffee are constantly faced with this problem not more frequently than others. Related: Coffee changes the brain structure
4. Margarine is harmful to the heart.
Indeed, when it included hydrogenated fats, it was true. But now this product is made with monounsaturated fats. And such margarine healthier than butter.
5. Fruits and vegetables should be stored in the refrigerator.
This is true, but not always. For example, watermelon, which was stored at room temperature, contains twice as much beta-carotene. With regard to the storage of bananas and peaches out of the refrigerator, they retain more nutrients.
6. The body needs 8 glasses of water a day.It is believed that it helps to moisturize the skin, lose weight and detox the body. But scientists still have not found evidence of this assertion. According to nutritionists, the best indicator of the need for water - it's thirst.
7. Nutrition myths about weight loss - eat little portions but often.Australian scientists have found that people who adhere to this rule, really lose weight - but just as quickly gain it back. Related: 10 Popular lies about weight loss
8. White meat has less fat than red.Modern nutritionists proved that the fat content of the white and red meat is approximately the same.
9. Bright vegetables contain more nutrients.Recognizing all the advantages of spinach, beets, and carrots, do not forget about cabbage and cauliflower. Despite the lack of bright colors - they are just a storehouse of antioxidants, calcium, and iron.That's our short list for now, but we hope in your comments you can bring us and other readers more nutrition myths from reliable sources. Looking forward to hearing your comments!
A new study, published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, finds that a hot bath may help reduce inflammation and improve metabolism. As a part of an experiment, each study participant took a hot bath with water temperature 102°F (39°C) for one hour. The researchers...
New research, executed by scientists from Iowa State University, finds that lifting weights for less than an hour once a week may lower the risk of heart attack or stroke by 40–70%. The researchers also add that performing weight exercises for more than an hour...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more