9 Enthralling Healthy Nutrition Myths
There are many healthy nutrition myths that can be found in usual tips, recommendations, and diets guidance. Modern scientists, nutritionists are trying to refute the most common ones.
1. Blueberries are known as super foods rich in antioxidants.
But it does not give it an advantage over other fruits. It turns out that there are healthy foods, where a higher content of antioxidants - dark chocolate and red grapes. Related: How do blueberries affect your health?
2. Eggs raise cholesterol levels in the body.
This product does contain cholesterol. But the body itself regulates its level. By moderated use of eggs (1-2 per day), the benefits of this product significantly exceed harms.
3. Coffee leads to dehydration.
There are so many nutrition myths about coffee. Experts say that people who drink coffee are constantly faced with this problem not more frequently than others. Related: Coffee changes the brain structure
4. Margarine is harmful to the heart.
Indeed, when it included hydrogenated fats, it was true. But now this product is made with monounsaturated fats. And such margarine healthier than butter.
5. Fruits and vegetables should be stored in the refrigerator.
This is true, but not always. For example, watermelon, which was stored at room temperature, contains twice as much beta-carotene. With regard to the storage of bananas and peaches out of the refrigerator, they retain more nutrients.
6. The body needs 8 glasses of water a day.It is believed that it helps to moisturize the skin, lose weight and detox the body. But scientists still have not found evidence of this assertion. According to nutritionists, the best indicator of the need for water - it's thirst.
7. Nutrition myths about weight loss - eat little portions but often.Australian scientists have found that people who adhere to this rule, really lose weight - but just as quickly gain it back. Related: 10 Popular lies about weight loss
8. White meat has less fat than red.Modern nutritionists proved that the fat content of the white and red meat is approximately the same.
9. Bright vegetables contain more nutrients.Recognizing all the advantages of spinach, beets, and carrots, do not forget about cabbage and cauliflower. Despite the lack of bright colors - they are just a storehouse of antioxidants, calcium, and iron.That's our short list for now, but we hope in your comments you can bring us and other readers more nutrition myths from reliable sources. Looking forward to hearing your comments!
The largest study, led by researchers at the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, US, finds that chloroquine, an antimalarial drug, not only does not help patients hospitalized with the coronavirus but, on the contrary, is associated with heart complications and an...
A new study, conducted by researchers from the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, in Boston, US, suggests that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables for just 8 weeks may improve heart health. In total, 326 individuals whose mean age was 45.2 years old took...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...