Ginger – Benefits and Harmful Effects
Ginger - a herbaceous plant that grows in Japan, India, Brazil, Jamaica, Argentina, China, West Africa and Vietnam.
It has a mass of useful properties, as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Here is a partial list of substances that are part of the ginger root: magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, silicon, potassium, manganese, calcium, germanium, chromium, iron, aluminum, nicotinic acid, caprylic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, vitamin C, asparagine, choline fats. In addition, it contains many amino acids that must necessarily be present in the body, such as Leysin, methionine, threonine, phenylalanine, valine and tryptophan.
The structure of ginger includes ingredient named gingerol. It is Fenelon similar substance that creates specific scalding taste.
Ginger - low-calorie food, 100 grams of it contains only 80 kcal.
Healthy Benefits of Ginger
* Healthy benefits of ginger are quite extensive. It is used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. Ginger has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Besides the fact that ginger gives the dish a special flavor, it makes the food easy to digest, eliminates indigestion and burping, stimulates the production of gastric juice, and normalize gastric secretion. If you regularly eat ginger, you will always have a normal appetite.
* Ginger helps to prevent and treat colds, as it stimulates expectoration, and in using of broth based on ginger is an excellent means of warming. Ginger beats pathogenic bacteria, has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, and strengthens the immune system.
* Useful properties of ginger also apply to patients with bronchial asthma, as well as it has healing properties, it is used to treat skin diseases.
* It is recommended to use for flatulence, diarrhea, jaundice, kidney, gallbladder and thyroid gland disorders.
* Ginger has the advantageous effect on the blood vessels, strengthens and purifies them, reducing the cholesterol contained in the blood. It helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis and strengthens memory.
* Ginger relieves joint pain, muscle pain, swelling and helps in the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis, and arthrosis.
* It is believed that ginger is effective for the prevention of cancers and contributes to tumor growth inhibition.
* In addition to medicinal properties, ginger is recommended to chew after every meal. It works better than any chewing gum and immediately frees you from halitosis.
Harmful Effects of Ginger
* When ginger getting into the body, it affects the internal organs, especially the mucosa of the stomach and intestines. Therefore for ulcer and people suffering from gastritis, duodenal ulcer, ginger is contraindicated, since it can make matters worse.
* It is not recommended to consume this plant in the presence of liver disease such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, stones in the biliary tract. Substances belonging to the ginger contributes to the jam of stones in passages in such way that this may require medical intervention.
* Ginger can increase bleeding, the usual nasal bleeding and even bleeding hemorrhoids.
* It helps to generate heat in the body, which is good for colds and extremely harmful at a high temperature.
* Make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it, in order to avoid unintended consequences.
We hope that after reading advantages and disadvantages of ginger you can make a decision whether eat or not. If you enjoy discovering benefits and harms of different ingredients, read following articles:
Scientists from the University of South Florida in Tampa, USA, suggest that using betanin, a compound that gives dark red color to beetroots, can be used in future drugs to treat the Alzheimer’s disease. To achieve their results, the team of researchers conducted a...
According to a recent research from the University of Manitoba, lentils in your meal may successfully fight high blood pressure, scientifically called hypertension. The researchers also found that eating lentils can reverse declines in blood vessel health. The results...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more