Ginger – Benefits and Harmful Effects
Ginger - a herbaceous plant that grows in Japan, India, Brazil, Jamaica, Argentina, China, West Africa and Vietnam.
It has a mass of useful properties, as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Here is a partial list of substances that are part of the ginger root: magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, silicon, potassium, manganese, calcium, germanium, chromium, iron, aluminum, nicotinic acid, caprylic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, vitamin C, asparagine, choline fats. In addition, it contains many amino acids that must necessarily be present in the body, such as Leysin, methionine, threonine, phenylalanine, valine and tryptophan.
The structure of ginger includes ingredient named gingerol. It is Fenelon similar substance that creates specific scalding taste.
Ginger - low-calorie food, 100 grams of it contains only 80 kcal.
Healthy Benefits of Ginger
* Healthy benefits of ginger are quite extensive. It is used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. Ginger has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Besides the fact that ginger gives the dish a special flavor, it makes the food easy to digest, eliminates indigestion and burping, stimulates the production of gastric juice, and normalize gastric secretion. If you regularly eat ginger, you will always have a normal appetite.
* Ginger helps to prevent and treat colds, as it stimulates expectoration, and in using of broth based on ginger is an excellent means of warming. Ginger beats pathogenic bacteria, has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, and strengthens the immune system.
* Useful properties of ginger also apply to patients with bronchial asthma, as well as it has healing properties, it is used to treat skin diseases.
* It is recommended to use for flatulence, diarrhea, jaundice, kidney, gallbladder and thyroid gland disorders.
* Ginger has the advantageous effect on the blood vessels, strengthens and purifies them, reducing the cholesterol contained in the blood. It helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis and strengthens memory.
* Ginger relieves joint pain, muscle pain, swelling and helps in the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis, and arthrosis.
* It is believed that ginger is effective for the prevention of cancers and contributes to tumor growth inhibition.
* In addition to medicinal properties, ginger is recommended to chew after every meal. It works better than any chewing gum and immediately frees you from halitosis.
Harmful Effects of Ginger
* When ginger getting into the body, it affects the internal organs, especially the mucosa of the stomach and intestines. Therefore for ulcer and people suffering from gastritis, duodenal ulcer, ginger is contraindicated, since it can make matters worse.
* It is not recommended to consume this plant in the presence of liver disease such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, stones in the biliary tract. Substances belonging to the ginger contributes to the jam of stones in passages in such way that this may require medical intervention.
* Ginger can increase bleeding, the usual nasal bleeding and even bleeding hemorrhoids.
* It helps to generate heat in the body, which is good for colds and extremely harmful at a high temperature.
* Make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it, in order to avoid unintended consequences.
We hope that after reading advantages and disadvantages of ginger you can make a decision whether eat or not. If you enjoy discovering benefits and harms of different ingredients, read following articles:
In a new study, researchers from Concordia University in Canada suggest that obesity is essentially a form of early aging endangering the health and affecting the longevity in ways similar to the inevitable processes of getting older and succumbing to age-related...
A new study from Yale University in New Haven, US, finds that a short-term, around 30 minutes, meditation can reduce negative emotions and ease physical pain. This works even for those who never practiced it before, the study says. For the study, a team of researchers...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...