Ginger – Benefits and Harmful Effects
Ginger - a herbaceous plant that grows in Japan, India, Brazil, Jamaica, Argentina, China, West Africa and Vietnam.
It has a mass of useful properties, as it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Here is a partial list of substances that are part of the ginger root: magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, silicon, potassium, manganese, calcium, germanium, chromium, iron, aluminum, nicotinic acid, caprylic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, vitamin C, asparagine, choline fats. In addition, it contains many amino acids that must necessarily be present in the body, such as Leysin, methionine, threonine, phenylalanine, valine and tryptophan.
The structure of ginger includes ingredient named gingerol. It is Fenelon similar substance that creates specific scalding taste.
Ginger - low-calorie food, 100 grams of it contains only 80 kcal.
Healthy Benefits of Ginger
* Healthy benefits of ginger are quite extensive. It is used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. Ginger has a beneficial effect on the digestive system. Besides the fact that ginger gives the dish a special flavor, it makes the food easy to digest, eliminates indigestion and burping, stimulates the production of gastric juice, and normalize gastric secretion. If you regularly eat ginger, you will always have a normal appetite.
* Ginger helps to prevent and treat colds, as it stimulates expectoration, and in using of broth based on ginger is an excellent means of warming. Ginger beats pathogenic bacteria, has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, and strengthens the immune system.
* Useful properties of ginger also apply to patients with bronchial asthma, as well as it has healing properties, it is used to treat skin diseases.
* It is recommended to use for flatulence, diarrhea, jaundice, kidney, gallbladder and thyroid gland disorders.
* Ginger has the advantageous effect on the blood vessels, strengthens and purifies them, reducing the cholesterol contained in the blood. It helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis and strengthens memory.
* Ginger relieves joint pain, muscle pain, swelling and helps in the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis, and arthrosis.
* It is believed that ginger is effective for the prevention of cancers and contributes to tumor growth inhibition.
* In addition to medicinal properties, ginger is recommended to chew after every meal. It works better than any chewing gum and immediately frees you from halitosis.
Harmful Effects of Ginger
* When ginger getting into the body, it affects the internal organs, especially the mucosa of the stomach and intestines. Therefore for ulcer and people suffering from gastritis, duodenal ulcer, ginger is contraindicated, since it can make matters worse.
* It is not recommended to consume this plant in the presence of liver disease such as cirrhosis, hepatitis, stones in the biliary tract. Substances belonging to the ginger contributes to the jam of stones in passages in such way that this may require medical intervention.
* Ginger can increase bleeding, the usual nasal bleeding and even bleeding hemorrhoids.
* It helps to generate heat in the body, which is good for colds and extremely harmful at a high temperature.
* Make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to it, in order to avoid unintended consequences.
We hope that after reading advantages and disadvantages of ginger you can make a decision whether eat or not. If you enjoy discovering benefits and harms of different ingredients, read following articles:
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
A team of scientists from the University of Pennsylvania claims that they managed to patch up permanent teeth in children with the help of stem cells taken from baby teeth. The team performed the clinical trial that involved 30 children treated with the new method and...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more