Healthy Lifestyle Tips That are Harmful to Your Health
- Disinfectant for hands. Recently, many hospitals and schools have been using a hand sanitizer. At the same time, people do not even know about the danger of using this product. Firstly, it creates wrinkles on the hands, because it over-dries the skin. It also contains chemicals (other than regular alcohol) that can be very harmful when used frequently. And, most importantly, the use of such products creates more resistant bacteria and viruses.
- Antibiotics. As with the disinfectant for the hands, frequent use of antibiotics helps create drug-resistant bacteria. Soon these drugs will be useless for people with bacterial infections. In case of a cold, you just need to rest more and take plenty of fluids. Another adverse effect of antibiotics, such as rifampin, is the risk of pregnancy. Many women know that their contraceptive pills are useless when taking certain antibiotics. Nevertheless, there are some people who do not know this fact and risk to have unwanted pregnancy while taking medication.
- Filtered and bottled water. Fifty years ago, people would be amazed at the concept of making money selling ordinary bottled water. Probably, they would refuse to drink water with such outrageous prices. But now everyone is used to paying a heap of money for nothing, and even more - for what is harmful. Companies involved in the production and sale of bottled water do not want people to know that when they purify water they filter out the minerals that are beneficial to health contained in it. And, most importantly, to drinking water in cities, they add fluoride which is harmful to the health of teeth.
- Painkillers. Many people take medication to feel better. In fact, pharmaceutical companies are one of the leading industries in developed countries. It is not surprising that doctors prefer to prescribe medications instead of their patients choosing more homeopathic methods of solving their problems. For doctors, this is easier and can be more profitable if they receive something from pharmaceutical companies. This is unknown to many, but a large number of elderly patients addicted to the painkillers prescribed by their doctors. In addition, prolonged use of a number of drugs, such as codeine, can alter the chemistry of the brain. In some cases, these changes may be irreversible and even trigger the onset of dementia.
- A fish. In recent years, the passion for healthy food has spread, and many people eat certain foods only because they are told that this is a "healthy" meal. The transition from red meat to alternative sources of protein is quite popular. The best sources of protein are recommended chicken and fish. However, the use of certain types of fish can often lead to very negative health consequences. For example, some fish contain mercury.
- Gluten free food. The most recent trend is eating non-gluten foods. It is clear that people with a real allergy to gluten should buy products that do not contain it. But what about the rest. Many believe that gluten-free foods mean a healthy diet, but simply the fact that the cookie does not contain gluten does not at all mean that it is healthy. It still contains sugar and oil, which creates just useless extra calories.
- Swimming in the pool. Yes, exercises are extremely useful for health. Many doctors recommend to swim as a very good alternative for people with joint pain. However, heavy pool exercises are highly discouraged because they can cause excessive stress to the heart, as well as fluctuations in body temperature. Even Michael Phelps spent in the pool only part of the time daily training to prepare for the Olympics.
A new study from the US suggests that anxiety symptoms might be the early sign of Alzheimer’s disease years before this mental condition become evident. A team of scientists examined data received from the Harvard Ageing Brain Study, containing information about 270...
A new research from the University of Cambridge suggests that eating coconut daily may lower the risk of developing heart disease and stroke. For the study, a team of researchers used data of 94 volunteers aged between 50 and 75 none of whom had diabetes or heart...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more
If you suffer from insomnia, it's hard for you to fall asleep in the evening, and wake up in the morning, it means that the body's resources are running out. Too much physical and emotional stress are accumulated, the nervous system is in imbalance. You need to unload...read more