How to Avoid Overeating During the Holidays: Top 5 Life Hacks
- Eat before the holiday dinnerDieticians advise not to wait for the feast to pounce on a festive table and eat all the time. If you starve all day and in the evening will begin actively have everything - it will affect badly on your stomach, and instead of having fun, you will take pills and suffer from abdominal pain.
- Be careful with saladsPrefer light vegetable salads without mayonnaise and cream sauces. Experiment and do not forget about measures.
- Do not drink a lot of alcholIt's enough to have 1-3 glasses. And the main thing is to drink it not on empty stomach in order to not get drunk fast.
- Say no to semi-finished fooReplace sausages with natural meat of different varieties. Do not buy a huge amount of sweets, cakes - your table will look beautiful with fruits and berries instead. They will not only decorate your Christmas table, but also bring much more benefit to the body.
- Move moreDance, play with the kids, do not sit at the table all night. Go take a walk in the night, see fireworks, play in snow, or visit some friends and arrange memorable Christmas and New Year.
A new study finds that people with prediabetes who prefer evening activities and go to bed late have higher chances to gain weight than early risers with the same condition. A team of researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine examined...
A major study from Harvard School of Public Health finds that eating carbs in moderation, up to 50–55% of the diet, is the healthiest option. People who eat less than 40% or more than 70% carbohydrates had a higher risk of premature death. During the study, the...
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more