Mediterranean diet – make healthy choices!
The Mediterranean diet is recognized as the best nutritional system in the world, and the one that suits for everybody. The diet includes the traditional healthy living habits of people from countries near the Mediterranean Sea like Italy, Greece, Spain, and France.
The main concept of this diet is consuming proportionally high amount of olive oil, unrefined cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables, moderated consumption of fish, dairy products, wine and low consumption of non-fish meat and non-fish meat products.
Scientists and doctors proved that the Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease for 33% and the risk of cancer for 24%, as well as reduces the level of "harmful" cholesterol for 7,5%. The study, conducted with the participation of 22 thousand people from different corners of the Earth, showed that residents of the Mediterranean less likely to suffer from heart ailments, rarely have serious overweight, hypertension, and diabetes (such a diet is considered the best "medicine" in both forms of the disease), and Alzheimer's disease.Research also showed that such diet can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.Mediterranean diet benefits:
- you don’t need to count calories or cut out some food groups (like bread, fats)
- you will eat fresh, seasonal food prepared in a simple way
- your menu is not limited
- you can have wine
- you will be able to lose weight
- eating mostly plan-based products like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- having a lot of starchy food as bread and pasta
- replacing bad fats with natural such as olive oil
- eating fish at least twice a week
- using herbs and spices
- eating less meat
- moderated drinking of red wine
Mediterranean diet pyramidThe pyramid consists of three main levels - what you should eat every day, every week, and once or twice a month.You should eat every day:
- whole-grain bread or bran cereal, pasta from durum wheat, different cereals (except semolina), potatoes; try to eat starchy foods in the morning
- fruits and vegetables, preferably raw, don’t overdo with very sweet fruits
- yogurt and cheese in a variety of forms, preferably without sugar
- olive oil
- legumes and nuts
- herbs and spices
- drink 6-8 glasses of pure water
- permissible to drink a glass of red wine during one of the main meals
- sea fish;
- poultry or rabbit;
- candy and other goodies.
A human immune system consists of various cells, tissues, and proteins. In the system, they carry out the processes in our body that fight with pathogens — viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies. When a pathogen comes into contact with the immune system, the latter...
A new study from the US suggests that poor air quality and diabetes are closely connected. Researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis in collaboration with the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System in Missouri performed the study....
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more