Nutrition Tips for Coping with Pyrosis
People, who often suffer from pyrosis, probably have the lower esophageal sphincter in not enough elastic condition or it relaxes often, allowing the gastric acid to permeate into the esophagus.
Heartburn occurs when esophageal tissue is in contact with big amount of stomach acid, and because of this process you may feel pain similar to burning and injury of the esophagus.
If you suffer from heartburn, you can prevent the tendency of lower esophageal sphincter to relax and loss of elasticity, what will significantly reduce permeation of the acidic contents of the stomach into the esophagus. To do this, remember such tips:
- 1. Try to not go to sleep during 1-2 hours after having a meal. When the body is positioned horizontally, gastric acid can move easier in the lower esophageal sphincter.
- 2. Avoid food that relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter (chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, peppermint, fat food), as well as foods and drinks that can have irritating effect on the injured esophagus (citrus and citrus juices, tomatoes and tomato juice, red hot chili peppers and black pepper).
- Avoid large portions, as larger amount of food into the stomach as higher risk of heartburn.
- Avoid fat food because it stays in the stomach longer than other food.
- Try not to smoke or drink alcohol before, during and immediately after having a meal, as it can cause pyrosis.
- Use a chewing gum after a meal for stimulating the secretion of saliva (saliva bicarbonate neutralizes acid) and activation of peristalsis (which makes advancement of gastric contents into the small intestine faster).
- Consume drinks that not heartburn threatening such as water, mineral water, non-citrus juice, decaffeinated tea, skim milk or low-fat milk. There are drinks that are recommended to exclude: carbonated water, juices (tomato and citrus juices), alcoholic beverages, coffee (decaf as well).
- Eat food with a big amount of fiber like grain and cereal products, vegetables, legumes, fruits, nuts, and seeds.
A new study from Harvard University finds that people in a good mood, when feeling happy, seek out for the company of strangers while sad people seek out the company of friends. For the study, a team of researchers kept tabs on more than 30,000 people who were mostly...
Here is the list of nine user-friendly gym machines for women that are intimidated by barbells, bumper plates, and squat racks by Robin Cortez, director of team training for Chuze Fitness, which has clubs in California, Colorado and Arizona: Smith machine — used for...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more