How to Offer Healthy Food to Children
- Grains: Prefer whole grains such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal or brown bread. Whole grains are rish in vitamin B and fiber wich improves digestion and fills the children well.
- Protein: It is a building material for maintaining and repairing tissues, making haemoglobin, improving immunity, and helping muscles grow. The foods that contain protein are eggs, seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, peas, beans, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits: It is important to fill your child with lots of fresh fruits. Let fruit juice be the last option as the juice takes out the fibre that comes from the whole fruit. Also, fruit juices come with loads of added sugar that only contribute to empty calories sans nutrition.
- Vegetables: Give your child a variety of fresh, colourful, seasonally and locally available vegetables. Aim to provide a variety of vegetables, including dark green, red and orange, beans and peas, starchy and others every week.
- Dairy: Dairy is a major source of calcium. Include low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages in your child’s diet.
Scientists from Heinrich-Heine-University and the IUF-Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine in Düsseldorf, Germany, suggest that consuming the amount of caffeine equivalent to four cups of coffee might be enough to protect the cells of the heart. In...
Last year a team of researchers from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, US, developed a simple blood test for diagnosing ASD (autism spectrum disorder). At the present moment, a follow-up study confirms the original finding. In this test, there is an algorithm that...
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more