How to Offer Healthy Food to Children
- Grains: Prefer whole grains such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal or brown bread. Whole grains are rish in vitamin B and fiber wich improves digestion and fills the children well.
- Protein: It is a building material for maintaining and repairing tissues, making haemoglobin, improving immunity, and helping muscles grow. The foods that contain protein are eggs, seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, peas, beans, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits: It is important to fill your child with lots of fresh fruits. Let fruit juice be the last option as the juice takes out the fibre that comes from the whole fruit. Also, fruit juices come with loads of added sugar that only contribute to empty calories sans nutrition.
- Vegetables: Give your child a variety of fresh, colourful, seasonally and locally available vegetables. Aim to provide a variety of vegetables, including dark green, red and orange, beans and peas, starchy and others every week.
- Dairy: Dairy is a major source of calcium. Include low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages in your child’s diet.
According to a new research, published in the journal Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, extra-virgin olive oil may protect the brain from the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. A team of researchers studied the effect of extra-virgin oil on the mouse...
A study from King’s College London and the Seaver Autism Center finds that boys born to older fathers are more intelligent, more focused on their interests and are less concerned about fitting in. These qualities help them to be more successful in school and careers....
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
A new study showed that sending text messages aimed at developing healthy habits and recommending more fruits and vegetables, reducing fatty foods and exercising more often, can help in the prevention of diabetes. This was reported by scientists from Northwestern...read more
Mushrooms deserve to be on your plate as they are truly nutitional treasure. They are high in vitamin D, boost immune system function, fight inflammation and reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. Recent research published in International Journal of Food Sciences and...read more
Beautiful, white and most importantly, healthy teeth is one of the main indicators of your health and beauty, because a smile is the cheapest and most accessible decoration of a person. To ensure that your teeth are nice and healthy, first of all you need to observe...read more