How to Offer Healthy Food to Children
- Grains: Prefer whole grains such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal or brown bread. Whole grains are rish in vitamin B and fiber wich improves digestion and fills the children well.
- Protein: It is a building material for maintaining and repairing tissues, making haemoglobin, improving immunity, and helping muscles grow. The foods that contain protein are eggs, seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, peas, beans, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits: It is important to fill your child with lots of fresh fruits. Let fruit juice be the last option as the juice takes out the fibre that comes from the whole fruit. Also, fruit juices come with loads of added sugar that only contribute to empty calories sans nutrition.
- Vegetables: Give your child a variety of fresh, colourful, seasonally and locally available vegetables. Aim to provide a variety of vegetables, including dark green, red and orange, beans and peas, starchy and others every week.
- Dairy: Dairy is a major source of calcium. Include low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages in your child’s diet.
A team of researchers in their early study suggests that the particles of pollution can build up in blood vessels and increase the risk of developing heart disease. The scientists believe that the reason can be that extremely small particles can penetrate the blood...
A new research, published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, suggests that a new exercise regimen, including aerobic and resistance training, can boost your brain health if you are over 50. For the study, a team of researchers reviewed 39 studies looking at...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
You try to control the amount of sugar in the diet, but even if you stay away from sweet soda, you eat more sugar than you think. It not only causes weight gain, but also negatively affects other aspects of health. However, sometimes you may not be aware of the...read more
All of us expirience stress more or less. It influences not only our mood and general wellness, but does a physical changes in our bodies too. There are two hormones that are releasing when person is stressed: adrenaline and cortisol. Adrenaline increases energy and...read more
Many people refuse eating chocolate in order to stay fit, but in this way they deprive themselves of the microelements necessary for the body. American dietitian Will Clover told about the health benefits of chocolate and named six reasons to consume more cocoa...read more