How to Offer Healthy Food to Children
- Grains: Prefer whole grains such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal or brown bread. Whole grains are rish in vitamin B and fiber wich improves digestion and fills the children well.
- Protein: It is a building material for maintaining and repairing tissues, making haemoglobin, improving immunity, and helping muscles grow. The foods that contain protein are eggs, seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, peas, beans, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits: It is important to fill your child with lots of fresh fruits. Let fruit juice be the last option as the juice takes out the fibre that comes from the whole fruit. Also, fruit juices come with loads of added sugar that only contribute to empty calories sans nutrition.
- Vegetables: Give your child a variety of fresh, colourful, seasonally and locally available vegetables. Aim to provide a variety of vegetables, including dark green, red and orange, beans and peas, starchy and others every week.
- Dairy: Dairy is a major source of calcium. Include low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages in your child’s diet.
The latest research from the University at Buffalo in New York finds that drinking soda after exercise can cause dehydration and affect the kidney function. For the study, 12 healthy and physically fit adults whose average age was 24 years were recruited by the...
Recent research, published in the European Heart Journal, finds that physical activity can decrease the risk of a heart attack in healthy people by half. A team of researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Cardiac Exercise Research Group in...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more