How to Offer Healthy Food to Children
- Grains: Prefer whole grains such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal or brown bread. Whole grains are rish in vitamin B and fiber wich improves digestion and fills the children well.
- Protein: It is a building material for maintaining and repairing tissues, making haemoglobin, improving immunity, and helping muscles grow. The foods that contain protein are eggs, seafood, lean meat and poultry, legumes, peas, beans, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds.
- Fruits: It is important to fill your child with lots of fresh fruits. Let fruit juice be the last option as the juice takes out the fibre that comes from the whole fruit. Also, fruit juices come with loads of added sugar that only contribute to empty calories sans nutrition.
- Vegetables: Give your child a variety of fresh, colourful, seasonally and locally available vegetables. Aim to provide a variety of vegetables, including dark green, red and orange, beans and peas, starchy and others every week.
- Dairy: Dairy is a major source of calcium. Include low-fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, cheese or fortified soy beverages in your child’s diet.
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
A new study from the Hellenic Open University in Patra, Greece, finds a link between consuming products of the Mediterranean diet and lower risk of depression. For the study, a team of researchers used data received from members of day-care centers for senior people...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more