Proteins, Fats, and Carbohydrates: How Much of This We Need?
Proteins, fats, and carbohydrates are supporting the body, brain and metabolism in an own specific way. In this article, Medigoo.com will tell you how much of each you need to eat daily for being healthy.
For decades, scientists have studied the relationship between the world's human nutrition and the prevention of various diseases. Eventually, they concluded that the most optimal healthy ratio of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates is following formula:
- 45% -65% of calories should come from carbohydrates
- 20% -35% of calories should come from fat
- 10% -35% of calories should come from protein
People who are actively involved in sports, and those who want to lose weight, often adhere strictly to the formula 30-20-50 (PFC) that fits into the generally accepted standards, and thus gives the most effective results.
Also, an effective recommended is to drink at least 60 oz. of protein per day for women and no less than 75 grams of protein per day for men. Compliance with this rule helps to prevent muscle loss during weight loss, but also gives a feeling of fullness and satisfaction of food.
PFC is an approach to balanced healthy eating that stands for these three macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
To achieve this the right balance of PFC, follow next recommendations:
- Try to eat varied, balanced foods from all groups in the food pyramid
- Keep tracking of how many calories you consume on a daily basis, take care not to exceed (or decrease!) the required rate
- Carefully study product labels - there are PFC specified foods (in 100 grams of product)
- Choose complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice. Avoid refined (highly purified) light carbohydrates, such as products of the highest grades: wheat, sugar, juices
- Choose foods that contain healthy fats and avoid trans fats (chips, margarine)
- Choose high-quality sources of protein such as cottage cheese, lean beef, fish, beans. Be careful: pork, chicken legs often contain more fat than protein.
You should remember that all proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and even products nobody likes to eat - all are necessary to the human body to function at 100% efficiently.
A human immune system consists of various cells, tissues, and proteins. In the system, they carry out the processes in our body that fight with pathogens — viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies. When a pathogen comes into contact with the immune system, the latter...
A new study from the US suggests that poor air quality and diabetes are closely connected. Researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis in collaboration with the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System in Missouri performed the study....
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more