Proteins, Fats, and Carbohydrates: How Much of This We Need?
Proteins, fats, and carbohydrates are supporting the body, brain and metabolism in an own specific way. In this article, Medigoo.com will tell you how much of each you need to eat daily for being healthy.
For decades, scientists have studied the relationship between the world's human nutrition and the prevention of various diseases. Eventually, they concluded that the most optimal healthy ratio of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates is following formula:
- 45% -65% of calories should come from carbohydrates
- 20% -35% of calories should come from fat
- 10% -35% of calories should come from protein
People who are actively involved in sports, and those who want to lose weight, often adhere strictly to the formula 30-20-50 (PFC) that fits into the generally accepted standards, and thus gives the most effective results.
Also, an effective recommended is to drink at least 60 oz. of protein per day for women and no less than 75 grams of protein per day for men. Compliance with this rule helps to prevent muscle loss during weight loss, but also gives a feeling of fullness and satisfaction of food.
PFC is an approach to balanced healthy eating that stands for these three macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
To achieve this the right balance of PFC, follow next recommendations:
- Try to eat varied, balanced foods from all groups in the food pyramid
- Keep tracking of how many calories you consume on a daily basis, take care not to exceed (or decrease!) the required rate
- Carefully study product labels - there are PFC specified foods (in 100 grams of product)
- Choose complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice. Avoid refined (highly purified) light carbohydrates, such as products of the highest grades: wheat, sugar, juices
- Choose foods that contain healthy fats and avoid trans fats (chips, margarine)
- Choose high-quality sources of protein such as cottage cheese, lean beef, fish, beans. Be careful: pork, chicken legs often contain more fat than protein.
You should remember that all proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and even products nobody likes to eat - all are necessary to the human body to function at 100% efficiently.
Recent research, presented at Digestive Disease Week 2019, finds that various types of physical activity including walking and strength exercises are connected to the reduced risk of dying from cirrhosis. For the study, the researchers prospectively followed 68,449...
A new study from the University of South Australia in Adelaide aimed to determine how much coffee would increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease in people with and without the genetic variant. For the study, the researchers analyzed data from 347,077...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more