Proteins, Fats, and Carbohydrates: How Much of This We Need?
Proteins, fats, and carbohydrates are supporting the body, brain and metabolism in an own specific way. In this article, Medigoo.com will tell you how much of each you need to eat daily for being healthy.
For decades, scientists have studied the relationship between the world's human nutrition and the prevention of various diseases. Eventually, they concluded that the most optimal healthy ratio of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates is following formula:
- 45% -65% of calories should come from carbohydrates
- 20% -35% of calories should come from fat
- 10% -35% of calories should come from protein
People who are actively involved in sports, and those who want to lose weight, often adhere strictly to the formula 30-20-50 (PFC) that fits into the generally accepted standards, and thus gives the most effective results.
Also, an effective recommended is to drink at least 60 oz. of protein per day for women and no less than 75 grams of protein per day for men. Compliance with this rule helps to prevent muscle loss during weight loss, but also gives a feeling of fullness and satisfaction of food.
PFC is an approach to balanced healthy eating that stands for these three macronutrients: proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
To achieve this the right balance of PFC, follow next recommendations:
- Try to eat varied, balanced foods from all groups in the food pyramid
- Keep tracking of how many calories you consume on a daily basis, take care not to exceed (or decrease!) the required rate
- Carefully study product labels - there are PFC specified foods (in 100 grams of product)
- Choose complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, oatmeal, brown rice. Avoid refined (highly purified) light carbohydrates, such as products of the highest grades: wheat, sugar, juices
- Choose foods that contain healthy fats and avoid trans fats (chips, margarine)
- Choose high-quality sources of protein such as cottage cheese, lean beef, fish, beans. Be careful: pork, chicken legs often contain more fat than protein.
You should remember that all proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, and even products nobody likes to eat - all are necessary to the human body to function at 100% efficiently.
A new study from Harvard University finds that people in a good mood, when feeling happy, seek out for the company of strangers while sad people seek out the company of friends. For the study, a team of researchers kept tabs on more than 30,000 people who were mostly...
Here is the list of nine user-friendly gym machines for women that are intimidated by barbells, bumper plates, and squat racks by Robin Cortez, director of team training for Chuze Fitness, which has clubs in California, Colorado and Arizona: Smith machine — used for...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...read more
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more