Quick and Easy Recipes to Lower your Cholesterol
Cholesterol - is a natural substance produced by our body, and also contained in the food we eat. It is necessary for life and at the same time, the excess of cholesterol can be harmful. Many people are aware of how harmful for the body is high cholesterol content, directly related to heart disease. Nevertheless, they do not know what products (and particularly fats) raise blood cholesterol and why oat bran is healthy and cream, butter, fried foods, salad dressing are not. Another general lack of knowledge is about the difference between "useful" and "harmful" cholesterol and how to control its content in blood through diet.
Today we will try to fill your knowledge source about food recipes that may lower your cholesterol level and simplify your daily cooking.
Salad from celeriac, carrots and daikon
Ingredients: Celery root -2 pcs Carrot -2 pcs Daikon - 1 pcs Stemmed celery (optional) Kinza Leek Walnuts Zira (grind in a mortar) Sesame seeds (optional) Dressing: Lemon juice - 2 tsp. Vegetable oil (any: sesame, olive, linseed, etc) Ginger Garlic Soy sauce Honey or natural cane sugar Salt
How to cook:
- Grate vegetables using a large grater. Grind nuts and herbs, add them to the salad.
- For the salad dressing combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Add dressing to other products, mix it and put in the fridge for one hour.
- Chop mushrooms and put in a pan with little of olive oil.
- Add diced onions, carrots cut into strips, steamed celery, potatoes.
- Pour a glass of water and simmer until tender.
- Pour boiling water and herbs or dried seasoning for vegetable broth, salt to taste.
- Prepare the marinade: squeeze the juice of one orange, add the mustard, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cut salmon into portions. Put thinly sliced orange, and fish on the top in a dish for the oven. Pour the marinade and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little of sesame seeds and bake it in preheated oven at 190C t for 15-18 minutes.
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more