Quick and Easy Recipes to Lower your Cholesterol
Cholesterol - is a natural substance produced by our body, and also contained in the food we eat. It is necessary for life and at the same time, the excess of cholesterol can be harmful. Many people are aware of how harmful for the body is high cholesterol content, directly related to heart disease. Nevertheless, they do not know what products (and particularly fats) raise blood cholesterol and why oat bran is healthy and cream, butter, fried foods, salad dressing are not. Another general lack of knowledge is about the difference between "useful" and "harmful" cholesterol and how to control its content in blood through diet.
Today we will try to fill your knowledge source about food recipes that may lower your cholesterol level and simplify your daily cooking.
Salad from celeriac, carrots and daikon
Ingredients: Celery root -2 pcs Carrot -2 pcs Daikon - 1 pcs Stemmed celery (optional) Kinza Leek Walnuts Zira (grind in a mortar) Sesame seeds (optional) Dressing: Lemon juice - 2 tsp. Vegetable oil (any: sesame, olive, linseed, etc) Ginger Garlic Soy sauce Honey or natural cane sugar Salt
How to cook:
- Grate vegetables using a large grater. Grind nuts and herbs, add them to the salad.
- For the salad dressing combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Add dressing to other products, mix it and put in the fridge for one hour.
- Chop mushrooms and put in a pan with little of olive oil.
- Add diced onions, carrots cut into strips, steamed celery, potatoes.
- Pour a glass of water and simmer until tender.
- Pour boiling water and herbs or dried seasoning for vegetable broth, salt to taste.
- Prepare the marinade: squeeze the juice of one orange, add the mustard, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cut salmon into portions. Put thinly sliced orange, and fish on the top in a dish for the oven. Pour the marinade and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little of sesame seeds and bake it in preheated oven at 190C t for 15-18 minutes.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more