Quick and Easy Recipes to Lower your Cholesterol
Cholesterol - is a natural substance produced by our body, and also contained in the food we eat. It is necessary for life and at the same time, the excess of cholesterol can be harmful. Many people are aware of how harmful for the body is high cholesterol content, directly related to heart disease. Nevertheless, they do not know what products (and particularly fats) raise blood cholesterol and why oat bran is healthy and cream, butter, fried foods, salad dressing are not. Another general lack of knowledge is about the difference between "useful" and "harmful" cholesterol and how to control its content in blood through diet.
Today we will try to fill your knowledge source about food recipes that may lower your cholesterol level and simplify your daily cooking.
Salad from celeriac, carrots and daikon
Ingredients: Celery root -2 pcs Carrot -2 pcs Daikon - 1 pcs Stemmed celery (optional) Kinza Leek Walnuts Zira (grind in a mortar) Sesame seeds (optional) Dressing: Lemon juice - 2 tsp. Vegetable oil (any: sesame, olive, linseed, etc) Ginger Garlic Soy sauce Honey or natural cane sugar Salt
How to cook:
- Grate vegetables using a large grater. Grind nuts and herbs, add them to the salad.
- For the salad dressing combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake vigorously.
- Add dressing to other products, mix it and put in the fridge for one hour.
- Chop mushrooms and put in a pan with little of olive oil.
- Add diced onions, carrots cut into strips, steamed celery, potatoes.
- Pour a glass of water and simmer until tender.
- Pour boiling water and herbs or dried seasoning for vegetable broth, salt to taste.
- Prepare the marinade: squeeze the juice of one orange, add the mustard, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cut salmon into portions. Put thinly sliced orange, and fish on the top in a dish for the oven. Pour the marinade and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little of sesame seeds and bake it in preheated oven at 190C t for 15-18 minutes.
Recent research, presented at Digestive Disease Week 2019, finds that various types of physical activity including walking and strength exercises are connected to the reduced risk of dying from cirrhosis. For the study, the researchers prospectively followed 68,449...
A new study from the University of South Australia in Adelaide aimed to determine how much coffee would increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease in people with and without the genetic variant. For the study, the researchers analyzed data from 347,077...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more