Stay Fit During the Holidays! 10 Secrets to Keep the Weight Off.
It is true that it's hard to stay fit during the holidays and monitor your weight. But it's possible!
In fact, each of the celebrations with his high-calorie holiday meals can be transformed into part of the own weight loss program. The secret is in a restrained attitude to the food and the right balance between consuming of products.
In generally, normal weight people usually gain during holidays is one pound, which doesn't sound as terrible weight gain, but experts found that most of us never lose it and after years pass this weight gain can cause serious health problems as obesity, heart disease, diabetes type 2.
Overweight and obese people are used to get even around 5 pounds during the holidays season. If you will keep out your weight, it might not help you lose it, but you definitely won't lose your health. Medigoo.com want to share with you by simple tips how to spend a good time and stay fit during the holidays.
- The extra calories are burned with an active lifestyle - find 30 minutes for exercises daily. Exercise will allow you to relax, and you do not need to eat much to relieve excess stress during the holidays.
- Water, water and again water - small amounts of water during the day will allow you to stay fresh for a long time. Water helps nutrients to absorb better and removes toxins from the body. It regulates body temperature, and what is the best - it does not contain any fat, calories, and cholesterol.
- Be a snob in the choice of dishes - do not waste precious calories on chips and crackers. Eat only what you really love!
- Do not be greedy! Don't pick too much food and make only one visit to the festive table. Use the smallest plates. First, put on your plate vegetables and only then proceed to the selection of high-calorie sweets and cheeses. Eat small, low-calorie cuisines, and it will help you to stay fit during the holidays.
- Do not spray on a lot of different meals. Variety brights up our lives, but there is also a diagnosis of "overeating"! Combine what is natural to combine. For example, choose only salty foods or only meat dishes.
- During the party, stay away from the holiday table: as long as you do not put some food to your plate, you have no idea about how much can you actually eat! So the worst thing that could happen to you at a party - to stand next to the table.
- Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is a double danger for your figure during the holidays. If you decide to drink, do not forget about a glass of water between cocktails.
- Plan your time. Organize yourself and learn to manage your expectations of the holidays, otherwise the stress can not be avoided! A stress - an enemy of a slim figure! And be realistic - do everything possible, but for it is necessary to leave time for the rest.
- "I paid for it, and I'm going to eat it" - if you pay for food, it does not mean that you have to eat everything to the end. Take part of food with you. Portions in restaurants are often 2-3 times higher than how much you really need. And if you are already full, then finally stop to eat!
- Moderation in all things - is the key to a harmonious life. Don't forget about the principles of healthy eating, eat more fruits and vegetables, avoid high-calorie foods. And do not put off the beginning of your weight loss program!
A new research from the University of Edinburgh, UK, suggests that cheap cilostazol tablets may reduce damage to arteries, which lead to blood clots, resulting in strokes and cognitive decline. The researchers plan to assess the medications’ ability to cut the risk of...
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more