Top 10 Amazing Methods and Foods to Fight Aging
We are all getting older and this process is not pleasant. But there is something we can control by exercising, reducing stress, and follow healthy nutrition habits. The food choices we make can determine how our bodies age. And certain foods can have a good influence on our health as some other can trigger our aging.
The issue of anti-aging is probably one of the most important in the life of all mankind. Researchers made a lot of attempts to find the anti-aging methods. Today we will try to cover some of them concerning nutrition tips.
How does the aging process happen?
However, before you start adjusting your diet and selection of the best products for health and longevity, it is important to understand the mechanisms of aging.
It is proved that it runs as a result of the so-called free radicals. These are oxygen molecules that have free, "unpaired" electron. This electron makes the molecule unstable. He forces it to look for a couple - the electron, which can be taken away from other molecules. The worst thing is that by adhering to the new molecule, a free radical breaks its normal functioning. As a result, the area of destruction is increasing and that ends with damage to skin cells and aging.
Healthy aging principles
- There are essential nutrients that our body can provide on its own and if we want to keep our bodies functionality, we need to include these nutrients in our diet. There are 6 classes of these nutrients: carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, minerals, water.
- Keep yourself in shape, nice tone and energy transfer - the keys to health and youth. Studies have shown that walking (quite a few times a week) can prevent cognitive impairment in the future. Do not forget to keep track of weight, obesity can reduce the quality and span of life.
- Protect your skin, take care of it. Brown spots - an ugly sign of old age. Always protect your skin from the sun, using special means, moisturize it more.
- Eat fish. Omega-3 fatty acids which it contains, have anti-inflammatory properties and positive effect on the heart. Buy fatty fish: salmon, mackerel, trout, and sardines.
- Use natural medicine if possible.
- Stay away from cigarets. Smokers tend to look older. Carcinogens and tar contained in cigarettes have a negative impact not only on the internal organs but also on the skin, hair, teeth.
- Be sure to pay attention to strength training. Be engaged at least twice a week.
- Use special creams that increase the production of natural collagen.
- Vitamins E, C, A help maintain a youthfulness of our cells, help the immune system, and negate the damage from cigarette smoke and radiation.
- Keep a positive attitude. Do not get depressed because of age. Old age - this is not the end of the world. And you can find a new hobby, to discover something incredible at this time of life.
List of anti-aging superfoods
- Cruciferous vegetables These are cauliflower, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips, and radishes. They are rich in vitamin C, carotenoids, and substances that help fight cancer. By the way, regular consumption of these vegetables not only prevent aging, but also the development of eye diseases.
- Tomatoes They contain a powerful antioxidant that, in addition, prevent the emergence of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Garlic It has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties, it helps to successfully deal with the problems of the circulatory system and removes heavy metals from the body. Related: Why Galic is So Healthy? Garlic Against Diseases.
- Avocado Due to the high content of vitamin E, omega-3, and vitamin C, it successfully fights age-related changes in the body. In addition, it has a monounsaturated fat, which helps to lower blood cholesterol and protect the heart. Including avocados to your diet will also help to keep softness and elasticity of the skin.
- Whole grains They include vitamins, antioxidants, and cellulose. Their use will reduce the risk of developing age-related diseases, in particular, cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Carrot It contains vitamin A, which keeps the beauty of skin and hair.
- Fish Particularly salmon, sardine, and herring, since there are many polyunsaturated omega-3 acids that inhibit age-related changes in an organism.
- Spices In particular, red pepper and ginger, as they contain antioxidants.
- Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds They include essential fatty acids.
- Dairy products They are rich in vitamin D, the lack of which is felt with age and leads to diabetes and heart disease.
A new study from the University of Vermont in Burlington, US, examined how physical activities could help patients with mental disorders to feel better. To confirm their hypothesis, the research team installed gym equipment in the psychiatric inpatient facility which...
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more