Top 10 Amazing Methods and Foods to Fight Aging
We are all getting older and this process is not pleasant. But there is something we can control by exercising, reducing stress, and follow healthy nutrition habits. The food choices we make can determine how our bodies age. And certain foods can have a good influence on our health as some other can trigger our aging.
The issue of anti-aging is probably one of the most important in the life of all mankind. Researchers made a lot of attempts to find the anti-aging methods. Today we will try to cover some of them concerning nutrition tips.
How does the aging process happen?
However, before you start adjusting your diet and selection of the best products for health and longevity, it is important to understand the mechanisms of aging.
It is proved that it runs as a result of the so-called free radicals. These are oxygen molecules that have free, "unpaired" electron. This electron makes the molecule unstable. He forces it to look for a couple - the electron, which can be taken away from other molecules. The worst thing is that by adhering to the new molecule, a free radical breaks its normal functioning. As a result, the area of destruction is increasing and that ends with damage to skin cells and aging.
Healthy aging principles
- There are essential nutrients that our body can provide on its own and if we want to keep our bodies functionality, we need to include these nutrients in our diet. There are 6 classes of these nutrients: carbohydrates, fats, protein, vitamins, minerals, water.
- Keep yourself in shape, nice tone and energy transfer - the keys to health and youth. Studies have shown that walking (quite a few times a week) can prevent cognitive impairment in the future. Do not forget to keep track of weight, obesity can reduce the quality and span of life.
- Protect your skin, take care of it. Brown spots - an ugly sign of old age. Always protect your skin from the sun, using special means, moisturize it more.
- Eat fish. Omega-3 fatty acids which it contains, have anti-inflammatory properties and positive effect on the heart. Buy fatty fish: salmon, mackerel, trout, and sardines.
- Use natural medicine if possible.
- Stay away from cigarets. Smokers tend to look older. Carcinogens and tar contained in cigarettes have a negative impact not only on the internal organs but also on the skin, hair, teeth.
- Be sure to pay attention to strength training. Be engaged at least twice a week.
- Use special creams that increase the production of natural collagen.
- Vitamins E, C, A help maintain a youthfulness of our cells, help the immune system, and negate the damage from cigarette smoke and radiation.
- Keep a positive attitude. Do not get depressed because of age. Old age - this is not the end of the world. And you can find a new hobby, to discover something incredible at this time of life.
List of anti-aging superfoods
- Cruciferous vegetables These are cauliflower, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts, broccoli, turnips, and radishes. They are rich in vitamin C, carotenoids, and substances that help fight cancer. By the way, regular consumption of these vegetables not only prevent aging, but also the development of eye diseases.
- Tomatoes They contain a powerful antioxidant that, in addition, prevent the emergence of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Garlic It has antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties, it helps to successfully deal with the problems of the circulatory system and removes heavy metals from the body. Related: Why Galic is So Healthy? Garlic Against Diseases.
- Avocado Due to the high content of vitamin E, omega-3, and vitamin C, it successfully fights age-related changes in the body. In addition, it has a monounsaturated fat, which helps to lower blood cholesterol and protect the heart. Including avocados to your diet will also help to keep softness and elasticity of the skin.
- Whole grains They include vitamins, antioxidants, and cellulose. Their use will reduce the risk of developing age-related diseases, in particular, cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Carrot It contains vitamin A, which keeps the beauty of skin and hair.
- Fish Particularly salmon, sardine, and herring, since there are many polyunsaturated omega-3 acids that inhibit age-related changes in an organism.
- Spices In particular, red pepper and ginger, as they contain antioxidants.
- Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds They include essential fatty acids.
- Dairy products They are rich in vitamin D, the lack of which is felt with age and leads to diabetes and heart disease.
Raised sensitivity to bitter tastes might be an indicator of higher risk of cancer in women, according to a new research, conducted by scientists at the College of Agriculture Sciences of Pennsylvania State University in State College (US) in association with a team...
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more