Tummy Trouble On the Run: How to Avoid and Stop It
When spring is in full bloom, it is time to go out and prepare your body for summer so obviously, your jogs are getting longer. Sometimes you may face tummy trouble on the run like a side stitch which feels like a side pain below your ribs. The pain can be concentrated on the left side where your spleen is located or right side where the liver is. When a person is at rest, a certain portion of the blood does not take an active part in the circulation and it is a "reserve". The main part of it is concentrated in the abdominal and thoracic cavities.
This reserve "is taken in hand" for the needs of working muscles in case of physical activity. Blood begins to overflow the abdominal organs as a result of certain physiological properties of its outflow "has no time" for a sharp inflow. The spleen and liver swell from the rush of blood and begin to put pressure on its shell (capsule), filled with nerve endings.So there is how tummy trouble appear while running. Let's find out together how we can avoid this pain and deal with it if it's on already. Related: 5 Nutrition Tips to Prepare Your Body for Spring
Tips to avoid tummy trouble on the run
- The time between eating and exercise should be not less than two hours
- Do not eat much before your run and exclude foods that take a long time to digest
- Have a light snack that is low in fat, fiber and protein
- Do not drink too much water right before running
- Do not neglect the warm-up before a run
- Sip small amounts of water during your run to avoid dehydration and the jostling of water in your stomach
- If you are at risk of runner's diarrhea avoid caffeine, high-sugar products (soda and sports gels) and high-fibre foods (green vegetables, beans, bran, berries) five hours before a run
- Breathing should be deep enough and don't forget to keep tempo which you enjoy without any overstrains
Tips to get rid of tummy trouble while running
- It is necessary to reduce the speed of movement,and if you are jogging - go to walking
- A few times take a deep breath and exhale. It normalizes the blood flow to the spleen and liver
- When you exhale, you can draw down your belly. This will massage liver and "squeeze" the excessive blood from it
- Press your fingers to the place where it hurts or massage it.
A new research from the University of Edinburgh, UK, suggests that cheap cilostazol tablets may reduce damage to arteries, which lead to blood clots, resulting in strokes and cognitive decline. The researchers plan to assess the medications’ ability to cut the risk of...
A new study from the US discovers that flavonoids, natural compounds found in fruits and vegetables, may help preserve the lung function, which tends to decline with age. For the study, a team of researchers looked at data from 463 adults from Norway and England whose...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Good weather is the best reason to do outdoor sports, which will help not only lose weight, but also will strengthen health. Bicycle The sun dries out the local paths, so you can safely sit on your favorite bike and confidently twist the pedals, where the eyes look....read more
First aid for injuries consists of simple rules that need to be clearly implemented. If this is a closed injury, you need to immobilize the injured limb, otherwise the person may lose consciousness from a painful shock. If you need to get to the emergency room...read more
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more