10 Cheapest Healthy Foods You Can Buy
Eating healthy without spending a lot of money sometimes seems impossible, especially when you see all those fancy recipes on pages dedicated to healthy eating and fitness. But healthy eating doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You can find affordable nutrient-packed foods in almost every grocery shop without any additional efforts. You just need to know what to look for. So here’s the list of 10 cheapest healthy foods for your healthy life:
- Lentils. It is actually a superfood as it’s a great plant-based protein that can be stored for years. Lentils are also full of fiber and incredibly versatile.
- Canned beans. Like lentils, beans are a great source of protein and fiber. They are also high in iron.
- Canned fish. Tuna and salmon are the two types of canned fish you can find in your local supermarket. It’s full of protein, you can add it to salads, pasta, and sandwiches
- Eggs. Waist-friendly food. Having low price, eggs can be cooked in a million different ways.
- Tofu. Another plant-based protein. It’s also high in iron. You can add it to many recipes.
- Bananas. This is a reliably pretty cheap fruit, full of a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese.
- Dried cranberries. Add them to oatmeal, salads, or you can eat them even by themselves.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with fiber and has a little protein to boot.
- Whole wheat pasta. Whole wheat pasta is loaded with complex carbohydrates and fiber, it has more protein than white flour pasta.
- Brown rice. It is high in fiber too. This is also a great ingredient to prepare ahead.
According to a Spanish research, led by Dr. Victoria Moreno-Arribas from the Spanish National Research Council in Madrid, drinking red wine may protect teeth by destroying bacteria causing cavities and gum disease. The researchers completed an experiment where they...
Numerous studies conducted earlier showed that regular exercises have a positive effect on physical and mental health. The new work of American scientists confirms this. They believe that running five kilometers once a day is useful for the hippocampus (the brain...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more