10 Cheapest Healthy Foods You Can Buy
Eating healthy without spending a lot of money sometimes seems impossible, especially when you see all those fancy recipes on pages dedicated to healthy eating and fitness. But healthy eating doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You can find affordable nutrient-packed foods in almost every grocery shop without any additional efforts. You just need to know what to look for. So here’s the list of 10 cheapest healthy foods for your healthy life:
- Lentils. It is actually a superfood as it’s a great plant-based protein that can be stored for years. Lentils are also full of fiber and incredibly versatile.
- Canned beans. Like lentils, beans are a great source of protein and fiber. They are also high in iron.
- Canned fish. Tuna and salmon are the two types of canned fish you can find in your local supermarket. It’s full of protein, you can add it to salads, pasta, and sandwiches
- Eggs. Waist-friendly food. Having low price, eggs can be cooked in a million different ways.
- Tofu. Another plant-based protein. It’s also high in iron. You can add it to many recipes.
- Bananas. This is a reliably pretty cheap fruit, full of a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese.
- Dried cranberries. Add them to oatmeal, salads, or you can eat them even by themselves.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with fiber and has a little protein to boot.
- Whole wheat pasta. Whole wheat pasta is loaded with complex carbohydrates and fiber, it has more protein than white flour pasta.
- Brown rice. It is high in fiber too. This is also a great ingredient to prepare ahead.
According to the latest study, published in the European Journal of Public Health, regular use of probiotics may cut the necessity for antibiotics and help decrease the rise of antibiotic resistance. Having performed the analysis of the data, collected from recent...
A team of scientists from the University of Pennsylvania claims that they managed to patch up permanent teeth in children with the help of stem cells taken from baby teeth. The team performed the clinical trial that involved 30 children treated with the new method and...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more