10 Cheapest Healthy Foods You Can Buy
Eating healthy without spending a lot of money sometimes seems impossible, especially when you see all those fancy recipes on pages dedicated to healthy eating and fitness. But healthy eating doesn’t have to cost a fortune. You can find affordable nutrient-packed foods in almost every grocery shop without any additional efforts. You just need to know what to look for. So here’s the list of 10 cheapest healthy foods for your healthy life:
- Lentils. It is actually a superfood as it’s a great plant-based protein that can be stored for years. Lentils are also full of fiber and incredibly versatile.
- Canned beans. Like lentils, beans are a great source of protein and fiber. They are also high in iron.
- Canned fish. Tuna and salmon are the two types of canned fish you can find in your local supermarket. It’s full of protein, you can add it to salads, pasta, and sandwiches
- Eggs. Waist-friendly food. Having low price, eggs can be cooked in a million different ways.
- Tofu. Another plant-based protein. It’s also high in iron. You can add it to many recipes.
- Bananas. This is a reliably pretty cheap fruit, full of a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese.
- Dried cranberries. Add them to oatmeal, salads, or you can eat them even by themselves.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with fiber and has a little protein to boot.
- Whole wheat pasta. Whole wheat pasta is loaded with complex carbohydrates and fiber, it has more protein than white flour pasta.
- Brown rice. It is high in fiber too. This is also a great ingredient to prepare ahead.
A new study from the US suggests that middle-aged men who are able to do 40 push-ups and more in one session have lower risk of cardiovascular disease than men who can do fewer than 10 push-ups. For a retrospective longitudinal study from 2000 to 2010, 1,104...
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more