13 Diets to Prevent and Manage Type 2 Diabetes
Diet is an extremely important tool for managing type 2 diabetes and sticking to it if you’re overweight can help you to prevent the condition. Here are the 13 best diets according to nutrition experts that will help you cope with this wide-spread disease:
- Mediterranean diet is one of the best options as it includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and seafood.
- Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH diet) is another good diet to manage the condition as it was designed to curb heart blood pressure.
- Flexitarian diet combines a vegetarian eating plan with the flexibility to eat meat and other ordinary products from time to time.
- Mayo Clinic diet helps to change eating habits and promote weight loss emphasizing fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- A vegan diet helps you lose weight and ward off such chronic diseases as diabetes.
- Jenny Craig diet is a low-carb diet for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Ornish diet emphasizes whole grains.
- Volumetrics diet based on fibrous, bulky foods like raw carrots.
- The Engine 2 Diet is a low-fat vegan diet to prevent and reverse diseases like diabetes.
- Weight Watchers (WW) diet is a specific plan for people with diabetes and prediabetes.
- The MIND diet is a combination of DASH and Mediterranean diets.
- Nutritarian diet focuses on plant foods and limiting animal proteins.
- A vegetarian diet helps shed pounds and fend off chronic diseases like diabetes.
A new Australian study finds that eating high-fat and high-sugar junk food like waffles and milkshakes, may significantly affect your cognitive functions like memory and appetite control. For the study, researchers recruited 102 young and healthy participants who were...
A new study, conducted by researchers from institutions in eight countries, suggests that older people who eat a Mediterranean diet may have healthier gut microbiome and improve measures of frailty. In the study, 612 participants aged between 65 and 79 years took...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...