15 Ways to Keep Optimism In Difficult Situations
There are times when we have to go through some kind of negative situations. Maybe people say something negative about us, or refuse, or show malevolence. In such situations, it is difficult to keep a positive mood. We are ready to automatically answer in the same coin. But this will only worsen the situation. People may behave even more sharply. The whole day will be saturated with anger and frustration. And nobody will win. And, although it's not easy, it is important to remain positive mood in a difficult situation.
Related: Online Mental Fitness by Newolo
Here are 15 ways to keep optimism in difficult situations, choose the one you that help you.
- If you are not calm, never answer. If you are not sure of your tranquility, be silent. First of all take the time and effort to calm down.
- Take a deep breath, as a first step towards calmness.
- Speak softly to alleviate the situation.
- Realize that in every difficult situation there are opportunities.
- Consider what other people say to you as something useful that will help you to improve yourself.
- Ignore the information that carries only negative.
- Stick to a positive view of person. You may not like his/her statements or actions, but it does not mean that you hate the personality.
- Recognize that your negative feelings bring pain to you, not to the offender. Therefore, it is pointless for you to have negative emotions.
- If you make a mistake, admit it openly.
- Remember that the one who makes mistakes, deserves more respect than one who does nothing.
- Read books, listen to music, do the things that bring a positive attitude into your life.
- Talk with a friend who can support you.
- Use favorite quotes that might inspire you to think in a positive way.
- Treat a negative situation as a training of your endurance and vitality for real life.
- Remember that you can not please everyone and be understood by all. Let some people just pass by. Pay your attention and energy to the people with whom you can interact positively.
New research, executed by scientists from Iowa State University, finds that lifting weights for less than an hour once a week may lower the risk of heart attack or stroke by 40–70%. The researchers also add that performing weight exercises for more than an hour...
A large-scale scientific review, presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes meeting in Berlin, suggests that three to four cups of coffee a day may decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25 percent. For the study, the researchers...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more