15 Ways to Keep Optimism In Difficult Situations
There are times when we have to go through some kind of negative situations. Maybe people say something negative about us, or refuse, or show malevolence. In such situations, it is difficult to keep a positive mood. We are ready to automatically answer in the same coin. But this will only worsen the situation. People may behave even more sharply. The whole day will be saturated with anger and frustration. And nobody will win. And, although it's not easy, it is important to remain positive mood in a difficult situation.
Related: Online Mental Fitness by Newolo
Here are 15 ways to keep optimism in difficult situations, choose the one you that help you.
- If you are not calm, never answer. If you are not sure of your tranquility, be silent. First of all take the time and effort to calm down.
- Take a deep breath, as a first step towards calmness.
- Speak softly to alleviate the situation.
- Realize that in every difficult situation there are opportunities.
- Consider what other people say to you as something useful that will help you to improve yourself.
- Ignore the information that carries only negative.
- Stick to a positive view of person. You may not like his/her statements or actions, but it does not mean that you hate the personality.
- Recognize that your negative feelings bring pain to you, not to the offender. Therefore, it is pointless for you to have negative emotions.
- If you make a mistake, admit it openly.
- Remember that the one who makes mistakes, deserves more respect than one who does nothing.
- Read books, listen to music, do the things that bring a positive attitude into your life.
- Talk with a friend who can support you.
- Use favorite quotes that might inspire you to think in a positive way.
- Treat a negative situation as a training of your endurance and vitality for real life.
- Remember that you can not please everyone and be understood by all. Let some people just pass by. Pay your attention and energy to the people with whom you can interact positively.
A new study, published in the British Journal of Cancer, reveals that men who used to binge-watch TV-shows may have the higher risk of developing colorectal cancer. For their study, a team of researchers analyzed data from UK Biobank, a health database of...
A new research by Rutgers University suggests that fiber may play a far more important role in nurturing the gut bacteria that control blood sugar and fat. The researchers believe that this discovery could pave a new way to personalized high-fiber diets as the...
Quiz about this article
0 of 2 questions completed
Please answer on few questions to make our service more useful
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 2
Was this article useful for you?Correct
Thanks for your feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for your feedback!
Question 2 of 2
What else information about this disease you want to know ?Correct
Thanks for feedback!Incorrect
Thanks for feedback!
Many people spontaneously decide starting to do sport, while others weigh all the pros and cons for a log time. But almost all of them make the same mistakes, listening to the advice of non experts. There are 10 anti-tips for those who want to do plan to do some sport...read more
Spring is not far off and very soon you will see many people riding a bike. It's worth to join them and now we will give you the 8 reasons why. Weight control Scientists of the University of Surrey (England) found that it's enough riding a bike for an hour, and, not...read more
We all want to get in shape and keep fit. But not everyone has time for visiting the gym. Give up the elevator. Give up lifts and climb the stairs. At work, at home, at the mall. This simple advice is a great benefit if you follow it daily. Climbing the stairs...read more