27 Health Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
Except for some rare personal cases, most adults need to sleep from 7 to 9 hours, according to health experts. Sleep deprivation can make harm to your physical and mental health. Here what happens to you if you don’t get enough sleep:
- Higher risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Faster skin aging.
- Weight gain.
- You keen to feeling lonely.
- Problems with memorizing new things.
- Damage of long-term memory.
- Higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- You feel more irritated.
- Vision problems such as tunnel and double vision, hallucinations.
- You get clumsier.
- Immunity works worse.
- Sleep deprivation decreases sexual drive and desire in men and women.
- Sleepy people are more stressed.
- Higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Tiredness leads to bad decisions.
- You become easily distracted.
- It is hard for you to speak normally.
- Higher risk of a car accident.
- Tiredness linked to urine overproduction.
- Lack of sleep leads to muscle atrophy.
- Sensitivity to pain increases.
- Gastrointestinal issues appear.
- Higher risk of a headache.
- More inflammation.
- Serious health problems due to snoring or sleep apnea.
- Higher risk of early death.
A new study, conducted by researchers from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, suggests that a healthy diet may protect the gut microbiome from being destroyed by antibiotics. For the purpose of the study the team treated three groups of mice with different...
According to a recent Japanese study, which is the first of its kind, eating mushrooms is associated with a lower risk of developing prostate cancer. For the study, a team of scientists analyzed data of 36,499 Japanese men aged from 40 to 79 years taken from the...
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...