27 Health Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
Except for some rare personal cases, most adults need to sleep from 7 to 9 hours, according to health experts. Sleep deprivation can make harm to your physical and mental health. Here what happens to you if you don’t get enough sleep:
- Higher risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Faster skin aging.
- Weight gain.
- You keen to feeling lonely.
- Problems with memorizing new things.
- Damage of long-term memory.
- Higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- You feel more irritated.
- Vision problems such as tunnel and double vision, hallucinations.
- You get clumsier.
- Immunity works worse.
- Sleep deprivation decreases sexual drive and desire in men and women.
- Sleepy people are more stressed.
- Higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Tiredness leads to bad decisions.
- You become easily distracted.
- It is hard for you to speak normally.
- Higher risk of a car accident.
- Tiredness linked to urine overproduction.
- Lack of sleep leads to muscle atrophy.
- Sensitivity to pain increases.
- Gastrointestinal issues appear.
- Higher risk of a headache.
- More inflammation.
- Serious health problems due to snoring or sleep apnea.
- Higher risk of early death.
A new study from the University of Vermont in Burlington, US, examined how physical activities could help patients with mental disorders to feel better. To confirm their hypothesis, the research team installed gym equipment in the psychiatric inpatient facility which...
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more