27 Health Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
Except for some rare personal cases, most adults need to sleep from 7 to 9 hours, according to health experts. Sleep deprivation can make harm to your physical and mental health. Here what happens to you if you don’t get enough sleep:
- Higher risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Faster skin aging.
- Weight gain.
- You keen to feeling lonely.
- Problems with memorizing new things.
- Damage of long-term memory.
- Higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- You feel more irritated.
- Vision problems such as tunnel and double vision, hallucinations.
- You get clumsier.
- Immunity works worse.
- Sleep deprivation decreases sexual drive and desire in men and women.
- Sleepy people are more stressed.
- Higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Tiredness leads to bad decisions.
- You become easily distracted.
- It is hard for you to speak normally.
- Higher risk of a car accident.
- Tiredness linked to urine overproduction.
- Lack of sleep leads to muscle atrophy.
- Sensitivity to pain increases.
- Gastrointestinal issues appear.
- Higher risk of a headache.
- More inflammation.
- Serious health problems due to snoring or sleep apnea.
- Higher risk of early death.
A team of researchers from the universities of North Carolina and Emory in Atlanta moved one step closer to cure HIV forcing the AIDS-causing virus to reactivate meaning this virus becomes vulnerable to the immune system and medication. This is a significant...
A new pneumonia-like coronavirus from China emerged in the city of Wuhan with a population of around 11 million people. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified a seafood market as the center of the outbreak. The market was closed on the 1st of...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...