27 Health Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
Except for some rare personal cases, most adults need to sleep from 7 to 9 hours, according to health experts. Sleep deprivation can make harm to your physical and mental health. Here what happens to you if you don’t get enough sleep:
- Higher risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Faster skin aging.
- Weight gain.
- You keen to feeling lonely.
- Problems with memorizing new things.
- Damage of long-term memory.
- Higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- You feel more irritated.
- Vision problems such as tunnel and double vision, hallucinations.
- You get clumsier.
- Immunity works worse.
- Sleep deprivation decreases sexual drive and desire in men and women.
- Sleepy people are more stressed.
- Higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Tiredness leads to bad decisions.
- You become easily distracted.
- It is hard for you to speak normally.
- Higher risk of a car accident.
- Tiredness linked to urine overproduction.
- Lack of sleep leads to muscle atrophy.
- Sensitivity to pain increases.
- Gastrointestinal issues appear.
- Higher risk of a headache.
- More inflammation.
- Serious health problems due to snoring or sleep apnea.
- Higher risk of early death.
A new study, published in the International Journal of Cancer, suggests that drinking hot tea is associated with a higher risk of developing esophageal cancer. The researchers analyzed data from over 50,000 people from the Golestan Cohort Study, a population-based...
According to a new international study, leisurely physical activity, which includes dancing, gardening, or walking, on a weekly basis may cut the risk of death from multiple causes in adults aged 40 and over. The team included researchers from the Shandong University...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more