These 15 Vegetables Are Real Superfoods, Approved by Science
At this point, we’ve read and heard about dozens of so-called superfoods that are believed to be super healthy and super good for your body and health. But most of such foods hiding behind such name aren’t that good for you. Here is the ultimate list of 15 real superfoods, proven to be healthy and nourishing by various studies across the world, you should include in your diet:
- Cabbage is very low in calories and a great source of calcium, iron, fiber, folate, and vitamins.
- Cauliflower is rich in fiber and folate, vitamins B6, C, K, and potassium.
- Kohlrabi is high in vitamins C, B6, and potassium.
- Scallions are low in calories and a great source of vitamins A and C.
- Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, K, and B6, iron, and potassium. They also reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, potassium, fibre, vitamins B6, C, E, and iron.
- Broccoli is high in vitamin C and folate.
- Zesty arugula is a good source of zinc, calcium, and iron.
- Bell peppers provide 100% of the daily allowance of vitamin A and 300% of the daily allowance of vitamin C.
- Collard greens contain vitamins from A to Z.
- A cup of raw kale provides you with more than 200% of the daily allowance of vitamin A and 684% of allowance of vitamin K.
- Chives are rich in fiber and vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
- Lettuce packs vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
- Swiss chard is rich in iron and magnesium, as well as vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- Watercress reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
New research from Arizona State University in Tempe, US, suggests that uterus may interact with the brain and influence the memory. For the study, a team of researchers used a rat model. The female rats were included into four groups, and the rats from three groups...
A new Swedish study finds that 10 pm on Christmas Eve is the peak time for the risk of having a heart attack, for the senior people and people with the existing issue in particular. For the study, a team of researchers analyzed data from 283,014 cases of heart attack...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more