These 15 Vegetables Are Real Superfoods, Approved by Science
At this point, we’ve read and heard about dozens of so-called superfoods that are believed to be super healthy and super good for your body and health. But most of such foods hiding behind such name aren’t that good for you. Here is the ultimate list of 15 real superfoods, proven to be healthy and nourishing by various studies across the world, you should include in your diet:
- Cabbage is very low in calories and a great source of calcium, iron, fiber, folate, and vitamins.
- Cauliflower is rich in fiber and folate, vitamins B6, C, K, and potassium.
- Kohlrabi is high in vitamins C, B6, and potassium.
- Scallions are low in calories and a great source of vitamins A and C.
- Brussels sprouts are high in fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, K, and B6, iron, and potassium. They also reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, potassium, fibre, vitamins B6, C, E, and iron.
- Broccoli is high in vitamin C and folate.
- Zesty arugula is a good source of zinc, calcium, and iron.
- Bell peppers provide 100% of the daily allowance of vitamin A and 300% of the daily allowance of vitamin C.
- Collard greens contain vitamins from A to Z.
- A cup of raw kale provides you with more than 200% of the daily allowance of vitamin A and 684% of allowance of vitamin K.
- Chives are rich in fiber and vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
- Lettuce packs vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
- Swiss chard is rich in iron and magnesium, as well as vitamins A, B6, C, E, K, calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- Watercress reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
According to a new study from the University of Kansas, eating holiday treats that are full of added sugar can lead to metabolic, inflammatory and neurobiological processes that are associated with depressive illness. For their study, a team of researchers analyzed a...
A new study from the Huazhong University of Science, China, suggests that excessive sleep may significantly increase the risk of stroke, by 85%. For the study, a team of researchers gathered information from 31,750 people in China. The participants' average age was 62...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...