6 Healthy Foods to Upgrade Your Diet in Autumn
Everyone likes autumn foods like apples and pumpkins, but dishes with these ingredients are usually heavy and high in calorie. Good news though! Autumn foods can be seasonal and help you eating healthier. Here are great choices of healthy foods for this season:
- Eggplant has up to 20 calories per cup when eaten healthily (without oil). Benefits: compound nasunin protects brain cells from oxidation; chlorogenic acid has anti-cancer, anti-viral and cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Butternut squash loaded with beta-carotene (300% of daily value per cup) and dietary fiber, a good source of vitamin C to boost immunity.
- Pomegranate is the great food for your heart. Studies suggest that pomegranate is good at preventing circulatory damageby reducing the buildup of harmful fat in arteries.
- Cranberries. Cranberries may improve bladder health, protect against breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer and fill up with fiber.
- Broccoli rabe has about two times the amount of zinc as broccoli.
- Garlic and onions prevent heart disease due to polyphenols, which protect blood vessels from oxidative damage and prevent atherosclerosis. Vitamin K can be anti-cancer forming, it is good for bone health, too.
More information here.