6 Healthy Foods to Upgrade Your Diet in Autumn
Everyone likes autumn foods like apples and pumpkins, but dishes with these ingredients are usually heavy and high in calorie. Good news though! Autumn foods can be seasonal and help you eating healthier. Here are great choices of healthy foods for this season:
- Eggplant has up to 20 calories per cup when eaten healthily (without oil). Benefits: compound nasunin protects brain cells from oxidation; chlorogenic acid has anti-cancer, anti-viral and cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Butternut squash loaded with beta-carotene (300% of daily value per cup) and dietary fiber, a good source of vitamin C to boost immunity.
- Pomegranate is the great food for your heart. Studies suggest that pomegranate is good at preventing circulatory damageby reducing the buildup of harmful fat in arteries.
- Cranberries. Cranberries may improve bladder health, protect against breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer and fill up with fiber.
- Broccoli rabe has about two times the amount of zinc as broccoli.
- Garlic and onions prevent heart disease due to polyphenols, which protect blood vessels from oxidative damage and prevent atherosclerosis. Vitamin K can be anti-cancer forming, it is good for bone health, too.
More information here.
A new study, performed by researchers from the University of Graz, Austria, finds that a compound known as 4,4'-dimethoxychalcone (DMC) in Japanese ashitaba can boost cellular health and prolong youth. For the study, the researchers conducted experiments with the...
Recent research suggests that a handful of nuts, such as Brazil nut, cashew or pistachios, may reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke by 33% in people with diabetes. Having performed analysis of the received data, the researchers discovered that people who ate an...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more