6 Healthy Foods to Upgrade Your Diet in Autumn
Everyone likes autumn foods like apples and pumpkins, but dishes with these ingredients are usually heavy and high in calorie. Good news though! Autumn foods can be seasonal and help you eating healthier. Here are great choices of healthy foods for this season:
- Eggplant has up to 20 calories per cup when eaten healthily (without oil). Benefits: compound nasunin protects brain cells from oxidation; chlorogenic acid has anti-cancer, anti-viral and cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Butternut squash loaded with beta-carotene (300% of daily value per cup) and dietary fiber, a good source of vitamin C to boost immunity.
- Pomegranate is the great food for your heart. Studies suggest that pomegranate is good at preventing circulatory damageby reducing the buildup of harmful fat in arteries.
- Cranberries. Cranberries may improve bladder health, protect against breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer and fill up with fiber.
- Broccoli rabe has about two times the amount of zinc as broccoli.
- Garlic and onions prevent heart disease due to polyphenols, which protect blood vessels from oxidative damage and prevent atherosclerosis. Vitamin K can be anti-cancer forming, it is good for bone health, too.
More information here.
A new study, published in the medical journal JAMA, finds that the more teenagers involved in social media, the higher their risk is to develop the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). These symptoms may include inattention, hyperactivity,...
Scientists from the Check Republic discovered the evidence that ticks may prefer attacking people with a certain blood type. Tick, the blood-sucking parasites, can carry various bacteria, including bugs that cause the Lyme disease. In the course of study, the...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more