6 Healthy Foods to Upgrade Your Diet in Autumn
Everyone likes autumn foods like apples and pumpkins, but dishes with these ingredients are usually heavy and high in calorie. Good news though! Autumn foods can be seasonal and help you eating healthier. Here are great choices of healthy foods for this season:
- Eggplant has up to 20 calories per cup when eaten healthily (without oil). Benefits: compound nasunin protects brain cells from oxidation; chlorogenic acid has anti-cancer, anti-viral and cholesterol-lowering properties.
- Butternut squash loaded with beta-carotene (300% of daily value per cup) and dietary fiber, a good source of vitamin C to boost immunity.
- Pomegranate is the great food for your heart. Studies suggest that pomegranate is good at preventing circulatory damageby reducing the buildup of harmful fat in arteries.
- Cranberries. Cranberries may improve bladder health, protect against breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer and fill up with fiber.
- Broccoli rabe has about two times the amount of zinc as broccoli.
- Garlic and onions prevent heart disease due to polyphenols, which protect blood vessels from oxidative damage and prevent atherosclerosis. Vitamin K can be anti-cancer forming, it is good for bone health, too.
More information here.
A new study, recently published in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, suggests that exposure to blue light may help reduce high blood pressure. For the study, a team of researchers assessed whether blue light exposure could produce enough nitric oxide to...
Soccer is one of the most watched and followed sport around the world. Soccer is obviously has given the world many known figures like Pele, Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Maradona, Neymar and many more. There are many people who dream to be one of them and indulge their...
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more