7 Best Exercises to Tone Your Body Right Now
Tony Maloney, a trainer and exercise physiologist at the National Institute for Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis, shared his best tips for slimming down this summer.
Some basic exercises are still the best method to beat your weight.
1. Push-ups are still one of the best moves for toning from the waist up Push-ups are a great way to tone the upper body and build shapely arms and shoulders.
2. Planks and side planks are core exercises Maloney says that planks are better than crunches and sit-ups, because you're less likely to do them wrong and injure the spine. Plus, they're generally more effective at building a tight core.
3. One of Maloney's favorite high-intensity, plyometric, burst-like moves is the jump squat To try this one, bend down like you're going into a normal squat (get your booty down like you're sitting in a chair) then burst up into the air. Maloney says the benefits of a jumping movement like this go beyond shaping and toning.
4. The split squat jump is another favorite exercise of the trainer From a split stance position, jump up and switch over to the other leg. Try doing as many as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 more.
5. Burpees With this jump move, you're not only toning the body — you're expending extra energy to get lean.
6. Pull-ups and chin-ups Most of the work here is happening in your arms and in your shoulders, but you have to be strong all over to really pull this feat off, from the abs and the pelvis to the palms of your hands.
7. Bar hang For this move, just hang from the bar for as long as you can. Maloney suggests giving this a try a few times a day if possible, and building up strength that way.
A new study from the University of Vermont in Burlington, US, examined how physical activities could help patients with mental disorders to feel better. To confirm their hypothesis, the research team installed gym equipment in the psychiatric inpatient facility which...
There are eight different kinds of vitamin B which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (b2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Among them, only B12 vitamin can be stored by the body for a long time....
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...read more
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more