7 Best Exercises to Tone Your Body Right Now
Tony Maloney, a trainer and exercise physiologist at the National Institute for Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis, shared his best tips for slimming down this summer.
Some basic exercises are still the best method to beat your weight.
1. Push-ups are still one of the best moves for toning from the waist up Push-ups are a great way to tone the upper body and build shapely arms and shoulders.
2. Planks and side planks are core exercises Maloney says that planks are better than crunches and sit-ups, because you're less likely to do them wrong and injure the spine. Plus, they're generally more effective at building a tight core.
3. One of Maloney's favorite high-intensity, plyometric, burst-like moves is the jump squat To try this one, bend down like you're going into a normal squat (get your booty down like you're sitting in a chair) then burst up into the air. Maloney says the benefits of a jumping movement like this go beyond shaping and toning.
4. The split squat jump is another favorite exercise of the trainer From a split stance position, jump up and switch over to the other leg. Try doing as many as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 more.
5. Burpees With this jump move, you're not only toning the body — you're expending extra energy to get lean.
6. Pull-ups and chin-ups Most of the work here is happening in your arms and in your shoulders, but you have to be strong all over to really pull this feat off, from the abs and the pelvis to the palms of your hands.
7. Bar hang For this move, just hang from the bar for as long as you can. Maloney suggests giving this a try a few times a day if possible, and building up strength that way.
A new study from Penn State University suggests that an extract from avocado seeds can be used for reducing inflammation caused by white cells. To check their hypothesis, a team of researchers executed laboratory-based experiments which included cell cultures and...
A new study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, finds that people who eat mushrooms regularly seem to have a lower risk of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) which later may lead to the Alzheimer’s disease. The research included 663 participants aged 60 and...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more