7 Best Exercises to Tone Your Body Right Now
Tony Maloney, a trainer and exercise physiologist at the National Institute for Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis, shared his best tips for slimming down this summer.
Some basic exercises are still the best method to beat your weight.
1. Push-ups are still one of the best moves for toning from the waist up Push-ups are a great way to tone the upper body and build shapely arms and shoulders.
2. Planks and side planks are core exercises Maloney says that planks are better than crunches and sit-ups, because you're less likely to do them wrong and injure the spine. Plus, they're generally more effective at building a tight core.
3. One of Maloney's favorite high-intensity, plyometric, burst-like moves is the jump squat To try this one, bend down like you're going into a normal squat (get your booty down like you're sitting in a chair) then burst up into the air. Maloney says the benefits of a jumping movement like this go beyond shaping and toning.
4. The split squat jump is another favorite exercise of the trainer From a split stance position, jump up and switch over to the other leg. Try doing as many as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for 30 more.
5. Burpees With this jump move, you're not only toning the body — you're expending extra energy to get lean.
6. Pull-ups and chin-ups Most of the work here is happening in your arms and in your shoulders, but you have to be strong all over to really pull this feat off, from the abs and the pelvis to the palms of your hands.
7. Bar hang For this move, just hang from the bar for as long as you can. Maloney suggests giving this a try a few times a day if possible, and building up strength that way.
Recent research, performed by Sara Seidelman, a cardiologist and nutrition researcher from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, USA, finds that diets which ban entire food groups from the eating plan, for example, ketogenic diet, may actually harm your health. The...
According to a recent study, completed by the scientists from the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, USA, regular bedtime is important for heart health and metabolism. A team of scientists examined the sleeping patterns of approximately 2,000 adults aged...
It is very entertaining to be a sport fan. There is a big variety of sport games that are extremely interesting to follow. Moreover, it is always fun to anticipate the score and watch the enthusiasm live. One of the benefits of being sports fan is using different...read more
A new study of nearly 18,000 participants found that those with high fitness at middle age were significantly less likely to die from heart disease in later life, even if they were diagnosed with depression. Doctor's Tips: How to Stay Fit While Treating Depression Dr....read more
The warm ups are supposed to increase body temperature and blood flow so the muscles and surrounding joints become more responsive and prepared for physical activity. Although there’s a neurological element to warm-ups, most research focuses on the physiological...read more