7 Essential Ways to Boost Your Immune System
These days you may, like most of us, be wondering how to bolster your immune system, protecting you from microbes and helping fight diseases. Here are 7 essential ways how you can help your immune system and boost its functions:
- Reduce stress: exercise, try meditation, and psychotherapy.
- Eat a healthy diet: include more fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, healthy oils, and legumes into your diet.
- Exercise: the recommended amount of exercise is 150 minutes per week.
- Get enough sleep: find out how much sleep you need based on your age and other factors.
- Mind the amount and quality of nutrients you get: check whether you get enough of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc.
- Get recommended vaccinations: check with your doctor if you’re up to date with flu shots and other shots like hepatitis A and B, pneumonia, shingles, tetanus.
- Limit alcohol intake and quit smoking: if you drink try not to drink more than 1 drink (women) or 2 drinks (men) per day.
A new study, led by researchers from the Stanford University School of Medicine, US, suggests that vaping is associated with a significantly higher risk of COVID-19 in teenagers and young adults. For the study, the scientists tested young people for the virus causing...
Researchers from Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, US, developed a new non-fasting blood test that can help identify youth at risk of developing type 2 diabetes and prediabetes. The results of the conducted study suggest that this simple...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
When it is so hot outside you still can find hundreds of ways to cool yourself and drinking a mocktail is one of them. Here are few wonderful recipes for you to try. Kiwi Sour 1 oz orange juice 3 slices kiwi 0.75 oz demerara green tea syrup 0.75 oz lime juice 1 oz...
Many people are motivated for active sports in spring. However, before you buy a membership, you should check which exercises are useful to you and which ones should not be done in any way. Unfortunately, nowadays there are practically no people with an absolutely...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...