7 Things You Should Know about Eczema
This condition mainly happens on hands, knees and elbows and symptoms may vary in different people. It also has a strong genetic link, so this disease can often run in families.
These are seven tips how to cope with eczema from Dr. Johanna Ward
- Resist the itch, as eczema is itchy in most cases no matter where it occurs on the body and although it may be tempting to scratch the affected skin, this should be avoided.
- Moisturize. Hydrating skin is a key thing when having the condition as dry skin will further exacerbate itching.
- Avoid excessive washing. A lot of washing worsen eczema as it dries the hands.
- Keep it cool. Heating can make symptoms worse, it aggravates the condition.
- Dress smart. Avoid fabrics that can irritate the condition (wool, nylon).
- Choose right food. Some foods, like milk and eggs may trigger eczema symptoms.
More information here.
Recent research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, US, suggests that getting enough sleep at nights connected to the decreased risk of developing atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque builds up on the inner walls of the arteries. For the study, a...
A new study from Portland State University in Oregon suggests that the Western diet can increase severity of sepsis, which is also called as blood poisoning. For the study, researchers fed mice the equivalent of a Western diet which included a lot of fat and sugar had...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more