7 Things You Should Know about Eczema
This condition mainly happens on hands, knees and elbows and symptoms may vary in different people. It also has a strong genetic link, so this disease can often run in families.
These are seven tips how to cope with eczema from Dr. Johanna Ward
- Resist the itch, as eczema is itchy in most cases no matter where it occurs on the body and although it may be tempting to scratch the affected skin, this should be avoided.
- Moisturize. Hydrating skin is a key thing when having the condition as dry skin will further exacerbate itching.
- Avoid excessive washing. A lot of washing worsen eczema as it dries the hands.
- Keep it cool. Heating can make symptoms worse, it aggravates the condition.
- Dress smart. Avoid fabrics that can irritate the condition (wool, nylon).
- Choose right food. Some foods, like milk and eggs may trigger eczema symptoms.
More information here.
A new study, performed by researchers from the University of Graz, Austria, finds that a compound known as 4,4'-dimethoxychalcone (DMC) in Japanese ashitaba can boost cellular health and prolong youth. For the study, the researchers conducted experiments with the...
Recent research suggests that a handful of nuts, such as Brazil nut, cashew or pistachios, may reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke by 33% in people with diabetes. Having performed analysis of the received data, the researchers discovered that people who ate an...
In childhood, many of us dreamed of learning to jump high. Now, after years, it became easier - Kangoo Jumps has appeared. This is one of the relatively new, but quickly gaining popularity types of fitness training. There are several advantages of jumpers. ...read more
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more