7 Ways to Protect Yourself from Getting Ticks
- When hiking or walking through a park of a forest, always stick to the middle of paths and trails, as ticks usually more prevalent on trees.
- Prefer wearing white, as ticks are easier to spot on light clothing.
- Wear a cap and use a specific repellent on your face.
- Protect your ankles wearing socks.
- When traveling into the tick-heavy backcountry for days apply the insecticide permethrin to your clothes and spray repellent on skin not covered by clothing.
- When checking for ticks, pay special attention to the groin, backs of the knees, and armpits.
- Hit the shower and used a loofah.
According to the research, conducted by Rutgers University, US, coffee could fight both Parkinson's disease and a form of dementia called dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). For the study, a team of scientists used a mice model including rodents with the risk of...
A new study, performed by the scientists from Aarhus University, Denmark, and the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia, discovers that newborn babies with vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of developing schizophrenia later in life. For the study, the...
It is time for us to find the solution how to deal with extra weight which is coming with Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because 2018 is almost over and 2019 is getting closer. The main aim is obviously staying in shape and today will find an effective way to...read more
We know that moderate exercise strengthens our health and makes us more beautiful. But few know about the importance of doing sports as psychotherapy. And, nevertheless, physical loads can save from depressions, reduce anxiety, relieve from professional burnout,...read more
Factors such as age, gender, physical activity, genetics, medical history, body type, and others directly affect not only the desire to lose weight, but also to follow the right diet. Everything is relative, everything is individual. Nevertheless, there are universal...read more