7 Ways to Protect Yourself from Getting Ticks
- When hiking or walking through a park of a forest, always stick to the middle of paths and trails, as ticks usually more prevalent on trees.
- Prefer wearing white, as ticks are easier to spot on light clothing.
- Wear a cap and use a specific repellent on your face.
- Protect your ankles wearing socks.
- When traveling into the tick-heavy backcountry for days apply the insecticide permethrin to your clothes and spray repellent on skin not covered by clothing.
- When checking for ticks, pay special attention to the groin, backs of the knees, and armpits.
- Hit the shower and used a loofah.
A new study from the Stevens School of Business in New Jersey, USA, finds that even coffee scent can sharpen the brain under certain conditions. In the study, 114 students were involved. The participants were divided into two group and both had to answer mathematical...
A large-scale review of clinical trials for the past 25 years confirms that walnuts are the great choice for people who want to support their cardiovascular health. The scientists reviewed 26 randomized studies with 1,059 participants in total whose age was from 22 to...
We all know that doing sports is very important, both for health and for a beautiful body. But at the moment when we decide to finally take the path, we are faced with the question: what kind of sport is right for me? So, let's start with the fact that a lot of people...read more
Pranayama is not just a complex of breathing exercises. It is a complex process, during which a person receives vital energy - prana from the air. Literally pranayama is translated as "stopping breathing". Hence the main goal of the whole breathing gymnastics is to be...read more
Experts often advise people as suitable trainings to climb stairs, rather than use the elevator. And here are 6 reasons why we should do this regularly. Classes on the treadmill or with the ellipsoid simulator in daily mode seem too boring. They can be replaced by a...read more